Google Searches + Youtube

FreshFroot

So I had an odd question.

I had posted a video on youtube and the title, description and tags have my first and last name. It's a rare name especially my last name.

I noticed after posting my video about 1 day later google had it when I searched my name as the 3rd entry.

It's been about a week now and today I checked again.. it doesn't exist on google at all. I also checked under video's and nothing...

Why would google's search take the video away like that? I checked and the video is still up on youtube.

When you searched the first time were you logged in to Google / YouTube?

Well the 1st time I searched I was logged in. But I also searched this video from campus and other computers else where that I wasn't logged into at all. I had viewed it as a public member as well and still saw it.

But now it's totally gone. I just tried the actual youtube link I got too and it doesn't show up on google at all anymore.

Google's the king of search engine indexing. Youtube is one of the top 3 search engines. Why it's added so quickly is evident from both statistic. But why it's gone is because they only listed your youtube link, it's only pushed back. You'll have to market that link until it gets to your original #3 position.

For example, if you searched "CarlosX360" two years ago, you'd see CarlosX360 youtube right at the top of the google search engine. And you'd find at least a few of my videos. Now? It's a few pages down.

I don't need google to market my videos, I know how to do it. So the question is, do you want to market that video to the point that your friends can easily search it on search engine? If so, keep the video as it was when you edited the video to include your name and tags.
This thread has the potential to become problematic. I suggest moderators close it.
Why? He's asking a simple, legitment question.

Top Bottom