Google Search Console Says 0% Good Mobile URL's

Alfuzzy

Hello everyone.

Checking Google Search Console...it says:

Mobile Experience 2.png

Mobile Experience.png

I'm running modern Xenforo forum software (version 2.2.5)...how the heck can this be possible (0% good URLs on mobile)?

If it's not Xenforo itself...what sort of setting/settings could there possibly be to cause this (and needs adjusting)?

Could REALLY use some help with this please.

Thanks

If it's not Xenforo itself...
No it's not. I have 99,4 for mobile and 100 for desktop.
You probably have some large extra js/css (like google ads and custom skin).

If you give a url it will be easier to understand. You can send me by PM if you don't want to revile it by some reason.

Update for anyone following. Looks like page loading speed on Mobile seems to be the main issue. Desktop scores are great...but mobile not so good.:(

get the font awesome tools file reducer from kirby if you don't already.
improve your mobile logo filesize.

run some reports on webpagetest and gtmetrix and report the findings.

Sometimes when this happens its just something small in your template, like maybe the page has a large horizontal scrollbar, or meta tags are missing. Something small can cause this sometimes. But hard to say what without URL.

Thanks guys...I will look into those suggestions.

* Will get the font awesome file reducer installed.

* Site does not have any special skin, horizontal scrollbars, or anything else terribly custom. Stock Xenforo with some color changes from the stock colors.

* As far as missing meta tags...which meta tags should definitely be there?

* I'm assuming the meta tags should be in the PAGE_CONTAINER template?

* I know in the Xenforo Admin Panel there are some areas to input meta information. Does meta info need to be in the Admin Panel & the PAGE_CONTAINER template?

Thanks

Is installing the Font Awesome Manager difficult?

I looked thru the install instructions and FAQ...and it seems there could be a lot of "arms & legs" getting it installed & running properly.

Thanks

Is installing the Font Awesome Manager difficult?

I looked thru the install instructions and FAQ...and it seems there could be a lot of "arms & legs" getting it installed & running properly.

Thanks
For me it's been plug and play, every time.

Free add-on, just install it. It won't do any harm or damage.
I'm sure for folks that do this sort of thing all the time...this is probably very easy. I investigated further...and:
  • I need to verify what OS my server is running.
  • What version of Python it's running.
  • Figure out where to download fonttools/pyftsubset.
  • Make sure I download the correct fonttools/pyftsubset package.
  • Then finally do the install.
Also contacted the tech support folks for my server...and they're telling me they can try to do the install as "Best Effort"...but no guarantees all will go well. They're asking me for so much information on how & where to do the install...that by the time I have all those answers...I could do the install myself! Lol

Thanks

I was 100% on mobile and without any explanation or major change I fell in a few days to 0%...
Wow...that's crazy how your sites mobile score dropped so quickly.

Did you discover what the issue was...if so...what was it?

Thanks

I'm sure for folks that do this sort of thing all the time...this is probably very easy. I investigated further...and:
  • I need to verify what OS my server is running.
  • What version of Python it's running.
  • Figure out where to download fonttools/pyftsubset.
  • Make sure I download the correct fonttools/pyftsubset package.
  • Then finally do the install.
Also contacted the tech support folks for my server...and they're telling me they can try to do the install as "Best Effort"...but no guarantees all will go well. They're asking me for so much information on how & where to do the install...that by the time I have all those answers...I could do the install myself! Lol

Thanks
Due diligence is never harmful. I think Kirby provides the needed download on the add-on description page. Haven't checked it in awhile though but pretty sure there's a link.

EDIT: Here's the link. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/pyftsubset-single-file-binary.8684/

Due diligence is never harmful. I think Kirby provides the needed download on the add-on description page. Haven't checked it in awhile though but pretty sure there's a link.

EDIT: Here's the link. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/pyftsubset-single-file-binary.8684/
Thank you sir for all the info.:)

Turns out since my last post...the tech folks for my server went ahead and installed "fonttools/pyftsubset"...when it sounded like they kinda wouldn't do it.

I then installed the Kirby - FontAwesome Manager add-on. So far I found one font glitch. All of the icons I circled in the screenshot below (on my site)...are now little boxes...instead of the proper icons. Other areas of the site are affected as well:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 6.45.25 PM.png

The boxes look like this:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 6.54.13 PM.png

All of these icons (on my site) are blank now (nothing there):

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 6.58.05 PM.webp

And I got these server errors:

Screen Shot 2022-04-21 at 6.57.41 PM.webp

Thanks for the help.:)

Last edited:
From the errors it looks like you're still trying to connect to Transfonter.org (which doesn't work anymore as per the most recent update) - you need to tick the pyftsubset add-on option and add the path on your server where you/your host has installed pyftsubset:

View attachment 267444
Thanks VBX...I think your 100% correct.

I'm currently trying to find out from the host company where they installed pyftsubset...so I can enter the path on the XF Admin area.

Thanks for verifying.:)

p.s. Update. Found out what the install path was & updated the settings. Everything (so far) looks good (as far as the FontAwesome Manager install)!:)

Last edited:
that's the spirit! )
from I have no idea what it is and how and where to install it, to I did it, but it's glitching, and further to I guess It's working. just in one day.

Top Bottom