Google Results

ddmmh

Hi Guys,

Ive been trying for the last 2 weeks to get my site into Google. Overall there is a lot of results for my site. But since I update my site daily with news, that is the key I believe to attracting visitors. I publish about 3 news articles a day, they are posted in a forum called 'Featured News'. I have XenPorta installed which pulls anything from the 'Featured News' forum straight into the portal and puts it as News.

I officially opened my site on the 1st of Jan 2011. There has been over 30 new posts since then which feature on the portal as news. I can only seem to find one of those posts in Google for the past MONTH! I dont understand how or why my site is being indexed like this?

Here is a screenshot for my site results from the past month, Media is doing well. I dont have many members so posts are low but there is 33 news articles and right at the end of these 'month' results I can see maybe 2-3 out of 33.
XF.webp

Here is a screenshot of my results overall
XF-All results.webp

I dont understand why my site is doing so poorly?

I have moved my site from root and /community directory a couple of times but since opening it has been in /community so I am thinking is there something wrong with my .htaccess? Or my robots.txt? I have attached them with the post. webroot.htaccess is in my root dir. community.htaccess is in my /community folder. And before anyone asks, no thats not their file name lol, i just renamed it for the purpose of this post, they are both named .htaccess when uploaded.

I also use Jaxels XenUtils. I am registered with webmaster tools and I submit my sitemaps daily.
http://mmazone.com.au/community/sitemap

As far as I know im doing everything possible to get at least RECENT results in Google. I would be happy if I could just get my latest news articles added daily. I know there are sites that have their news in Google results within the hour. I dont know if that is some sort of privilege for bigger sites or not? But im hoping I can get my news listed daily!

If anyone could shed some light on this and point me in the right direction I would be very thankful, cheers guys!

Attachments

I know there are sites that have their news in Google results within the hour. I dont know if that is some sort of privilege for bigger sites or not? But im hoping I can get my news listed daily!

I did some searching and found this guide:

http://www.searchenginejournal.com/10-ways-to-increase-your-site-crawl-rate/7159/

Note #5:

Get more back links from regularly crawled sites.

This is what I suspected before I searched for answers. As your site gets more popular Google will devote more resources to crawling your site.

I was reading that guide to help crawl stats, it says to check the crawl statistics.

if im reading this right, google isnt crawling my site????

crawl.webp

Yep, they look good.

Those graphs show that Google is crawling your site.
Hi Jake,

Thanks. Maybe im reading the chart wrong but it looks like it hasnt crawled my site in the month of January? I opened Jan 1st and its been since then ive added the articles. but I cannot find them in google.

Make sure the pages in question are viewable by guests. Search spiders are treated as guests.
Hi Jake,

They are. You can see for yourself. mmazone.com.au - redirects straight to the portal which is where all the news is. I have absolutley no idea why google isnt crawling my site anymore?

Sorry just saw your other post. So im reading it wrong? That looks like the period December to January isnt it? I can see what youre saying also, Ill take your word for it lol

Top Bottom