Google Photos storage policy changes 2021

Never really used it anyway. My photos are mostly still stored locally on multiple drives for backup and redundancy. I think some are stashed on my son's cloud drive (forget which one) but he has a massive limit due to being on some kind of student account. Once he graduates, I may have to bite the bullet and pay to upgrade either my Google Drive or my OneDrive if I want a cloud backup of them.

I use Flickr a lot; they allow for upload of high-res photos with their free account - although you are limited to 1000 files now, I believe...

I have a pixel, they sent an email saying it doesn't apply to google phone owners/uploads that come from the phone.

So, the marketting ploy is to get you to buy their devices.

I have a pixel, they sent an email saying it doesn't apply to google phone owners/uploads that come from the phone.

Basically... but at the same time, you get to reap the benefits of being a loyal google customer. Something for something... :D

I own a Note, so I'm out of luck. hugs Flickr :LOL:

Just like with Stadia. You can "play anywhere," so long as you're playing it on a Pixel.

Top Bottom