Google Panda 4.1 Update: Win or lose for you? :)

rdn

Google Panda 4.1 Update Will Affect 3 to 5% of Queries
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2373693/Google-Panda-4.1-Update-Will-Affect-3-to-5-of-Queries

The newest Google Panda update proves yet again that there is no replacement for quality content. Based on a statement from Google, it is expected that this update will affect 3 to 5 percent of queries.

In a Google+ post, Google shared some details about the Panda update:

"Based on user (and webmaster!) feedback, we’ve been able to discover a few more signals to help Panda identify low-quality content more precisely. This results in a greater diversity of high-quality small- and medium-sized sites ranking higher, which is nice."

The update has been coined as Panda 4.1 by Search Engine Land due to its minor tweaks.

For my forum, looks like +++ for me today :)
Google Analytics and Adsense Stats.

So far it looks like i'm gaining back what i've lost the last time.

They update it so fast now! And it's always changing after an update. Not so fun anymore. :p unless it goes up. :D

My stats have barely changed overall. I've been culling things myself over the past months to lower my bounce rate, which means lower my useless sessions arriving, and trying to improve overall onsite stats, returning vs new... normal stuff.

Even with all the Google updates that occur... my site is getting more members posting and online, less irrelevant traffic and sessions, better overall statistics based on keeping readers onsite, and ad revenue is continuing to climb each month thus far.

I think people who target traffic versus quality traffic, will always see issues in SE updates. Mine doesn't seem to be affected by updates and just continues on at a steady stream, slightly climbing year by year and maintaining relevancy as much as possible.

If any of my recent changes are due to Google tweaking relevancy.... then I hope they keep it up.

I seem to have dropped one place down for 2 keywords, and moved 2 places up for one keyword.

I've been feeling the effects of the update for a little while, and I feel it even more so after the launch of Advanced Warfare.

CODFStats166k.webp
The lowest points are usually server going offline. I'm optimistic, however, since everyone's been praising Advanced Warfare as of late. I've gotten more users registering, and posting threads. Once the problems are solved, Thanksgiving Day arrives, and then Christmas arrives... I have no doubt there will be a bubble or bubblegum exploding.

Although I'm sad about this, I will not give up... and I am glad we're about to hit a new milestone: 500,000 pageviews. That's a lot of eyeballs.

Although I'm sad about this, I will not give up... and I am glad we're about to hit a new milestone: 500,000 pageviews. That's a lot of eyeballs.

Your graph represents a period of 3 years w/496k views. That equates to about 166k views each year.

What's the CoD player population? (Don't play, so no real idea....)

Anyway, using the same metric as Carlos there, we're climbing the hill so-to-speak. No real negative or bursts of positive, just nice and steady growth over the last few years. (Broken down: 1.9m pv/year)

tyo_stats_2014_11.webp

Your graph represents a period of 3 years w/496k views. That equates to about 166k views each year.
*itches head* Is that how you read the graph? I've always thought that reading the graph means 166k ...lifetime...? Maybe I've been reading the stats wrong... My server stats are showing 2x GA's stats. My curiosity is definitely piqued now. Hm. Hmmmmmm......
What's the CoD player population? (Don't play, so no real idea....)
An average of 15-20 million per game title. Activision said that their market is around 100 million.

*itches head* Is that how you read the graph? I've always thought that reading the graph means 166k ...lifetime...? Maybe I've been reading the stats wrong... My server stats are showing 2x GA's stats. My curiosity is definitely piqued now. Hm. Hmmmmmm......

An average of 15-20 million per game title. Activision said that their market is around 100 million.

The 496k number is representation of the graph you have selected. If you change the date ranges, that number will go up or down based on the date range you select.

If you want lifetime: Select the start date of your site and run it until today that will show the total page views for a 'lifetime' period. Otherwise, it just shows by the period of the graph.

Be careful though, your server log generated stats won't equal what GA sees. Your server counts every hit to your site (human or bot). I have a server logging program that claims I've had 24,620,087 page views in 2014 alone. Nope!

The 469k number is representation of the graph you have selected. If you change the date ranges, that number will go up or down based on the date range you select.
That's as far back it goes.
If you want lifetime: Select the start date of your site and run it until today that will show the total page views for a 'lifetime' period. Otherwise, it just shows by the period of the graph.
The April 14th date is the first time I put the GA ID into xenForo, so what you're seeing is "lifetime."
Be careful though, your server log generated stats won't equal what GA sees. Your server counts every hit to your site (human or bot). I have a server logging program that claims I've had 24,620,087 page views in 2014 alone. Nope!
Yep, I know.

Top Bottom