XF 2.2 Google: Invalid object type for field 'itemReviewed'

Robert9

Invalid object type for field 'itemReviewed'
Items with this issue are invalid. Invalid items are not eligible for Google Search's rich results

It seems Google doesnt want to add 330 resources, because "Invalid object type for field 'itemReviewed'
Any idea what to do here?

Hello,I'm also receiving some alerts/errors in the "Google Search" console regarding certain URLs on my website related to the XenForo "Resource Manager" addon.

The error message states that the following snippet:

Code:
{
"@type": "AggregateRating",
"ratingCount": "1",
"ratingValue": "5"
},

is not supported:

This warning is generated by the smartphone crawler.

Snippet-rewiew.webp

Is anyone else experiencing similar errors in the Google console?

There is also a link that refers to this documentation:

Is anyone else experiencing similar errors in the Google console?
yes (but for XFMG), and I can't seem to shake it. It seems you can't "take away" a rating (either your own as a user, or any as an admin). It's a rating for a very large album submitted by a user many years ago; I'm not inclined to suppress or delete it since it's great content. Maybe I'll try leaving some ratings from some test accounts (because there are many other albums / photos with ratings but they're not showing up as a problem in GSC).

The "error" is that we specify AggregateRating (review) metadata on CreativeWork items (resources), which is part of the spec but not supported by Google rich results. It doesn't impact indexing or regular result eligibility (else you wouldn't be able to find XF resources on Google), it just means Google won't display the ratings directly in search results like they might do for other types.

Top Bottom