google insight, xenforo

Yikes! Walter you paid XenForo better part of $5K?!

A bit less because Xenforo has (like vb) bulk discounts, see http://xenforo.com/purchase/
But we also bought a few Enhanced Search licenses, paid a few developers for our own addons and we contributed to a few addons like the gallery - more donations please.

I've now sold more than 20 licenses of vBulletin 4 suites, the last one yesterday.

So yes, I'm very confident in the Xenforo solution and ecosystem.

Nulling is the process necessary to take a piece of commercial software and remove any license restrictions and other information which may identify the original license owner. Nulled software is illegal.

Would XenForo that people paid for Branding Removal show as "nulled"?

Assuming I did the search correctly based on the above, using "IP.Board" and "vBulletin", Xenforo's growth is excellent, IP.Board static and vBulletin in steep decline. But vBulletin's steep decline is not due to Xenforo or IPB since the decline in VB is so huge while the rise in XenForo is so relatively small as to be insignificant.

Is the Google insight search of this kind an accurate representation of websites using the products? Why does it show Russia and Vietnam as the main "Regional Interests" for all of them?

XenvsIPB.webp

XenvsIPBvsvB.webp

Why does it show Russia and Vietnam as the main "Regional Interests" for all of them?

Yeah I'm wondering this too. Maybe an opt-in/out legal thing that naturally favourites the countries that have opt-out instead of opt-in?

Regardless, if it really is based mostly on those countries then I don't find those numbers that useful. It gives you a general idea is all.

Google Insights just shows popularity of search terms. It is a good measure of the success of a brand.

I'm not sure why Russia and Vietnam rate so high.

That vB graph is a shame. The peak is right when the business was sold to IB. Their search popularity has been downhill since then. :(

Nulling is the process necessary to take a piece of commercial software and remove any license restrictions and other information which may identify the original license owner. Nulled software is illegal.

I am too old for such things now. I even pay for my bus and subway tickets also.

Agree.

Although I don't approve, a percentage of people will convert from a nulled version to a paid license. i.e use it as a trial version.

In some ways I can understand this behaviour, even if I don't approve. Being able to use a fully functioning product without the restrictions of an online demo makes the product more appealing. I've often thought some sort of time limited demo would be better, but would be too easy to null therefore may even exasperate the problem.

I know you are all going to crack it with me, BUT I started out with a nulled version. I played with it for a week or so, decided it was the only way to go for forum software between mybb, vbulletin, and IPB. Since then I have purchased 2 copies, and will be purchasing a third and fourth soon. I think maybe if Xenforo offered a 2 week trial licence (as they are going to get nulled either way) people would not go looking for a nulled version to test before buying.

Assuming I did the search correctly based on the above, using "IP.Board" and "vBulletin", Xenforo's growth is excellent, IP.Board static and vBulletin in steep decline. But vBulletin's steep decline is not due to Xenforo or IPB since the decline in VB is so huge while the rise in XenForo is so relatively small as to be insignificant.
The decline of both ipb and vb is similar in shape as the search term: forum software. Forum software is on the decline in popularity.
Is the Google insight search of this kind an accurate representation of websites using the products?
No
Why does it show Russia and Vietnam as the main "Regional Interests" for all of them?
My best guess is spam bots that don't work with lists and instead google for a particular forum solution.

Yesterday I added the ability to flip the charts on my cookie/JS search engine to show historical data... It doesn't go back that far yet (since it was only logging the totals since August 1), but some interesting things to note with it...

Comparing the major commercial forum platforms (vBulletin, XenForo and Invision), vBulletin has seen their overall marketshare drop by 2% in the last 5 weeks. 1.8% picked up by XenForo, and 0.2% picked up by Invision.

On August 1, vBulletin's relative marketshare was 75.3%, now it's 73.3%...
upload_2013-9-5_10-40-10.webp

If the same rate of bleed were to keep up for a year, this is what the marketshare percentages would look like in 1 year from now:

vBulletin: 52.5%
XenForo: 34.8%
Invision: 12.7%

If you want to see the charts for yourself, click the "Show Historical Charts" button here: https://tools.digitalpoint.com/cookie-search

Top Bottom