XF 2.1 Google indexing site with a colon

JoyFreak

As you can see in the screenshot, google is adding a colon and swapping "JoyFreak" round with "Video games news and reviews" when in fact my site's title is displayed as such "Video games news and reviews | Joyfreak". My forums title is displaying correctly on google. This only seem to be an issue with the index page. I have found a blog online (https://www.gordoncampbell.co.uk/colons-page-titles) but it is not much help and is dated to 2013. So I am asking, why this is?

colon.webp

Last edited:
Google think that title works better, there's nothing you can do.
I would think that "Video games news and reviews" is being interpreted more as a description than a title due to capitalization, so it makes sense that it comes after.

Prior to setting the articles as the index page, it was doing the same for the forums. And now that I’ve set my articles as index, my forums is displaying as it should.It seems to only be doing it to the index page only. And my forum has capitalization, why isn’t it doing it to that?

I think the ideal title is JoyFreak - Video Games News & Reviews
You also didn't capitalize the F in your title.
Aside from reason in my first post, I would think "Video games news and reviews" is too generic as well.

I think the ideal title is JoyFreak - Video Games News & Reviews
You also didn't capitalize the F in your title.
Aside from reason in my first post, I would think "Video games news and reviews" is too generic as well.

You can see in the screenshot above that I have a capital F.
Anyway, I have gone ahead and capitalized the letters, lets see if that changes anything in the next few days!

Top Bottom