Google: How To Go Mobile

Marcus

Officially from Google:
On a crisp fall day, a young person uses his smartphone to find a store that sells scarves. He searches, finds your site, and clicks-thru, prepared to browse your inventory of scarves, or find your store nearby and buy one. But, after he clicks to your site he runs into trouble - it doesn't load fully, and he spends more time zooming-in and squinting than he does looking at scarves! Frustrated, he gives up and looks for another scarf store. You lose a potential customer.
This happens hundreds, even thousands of times every day because most businesses’ websites don’t work well on smartphones. The most important thing you can do to grow your business using the mobile web is to create a mobile-friendly website. So today we’re launching an initiative called GoMo that helps businesses “Go Mobile”.

http://www.howtogomo.com

They put up a site that takes 30 seconds to load on my (reasonably) high speed internet, which my browser reports as having 4 errors?

Think I will try to go there on an old iPhone via wireless..

edit: of course, the site does not work on the iPhone.. I am not quite awake yet.

They put up a site that takes 30 seconds to load on my (reasonably) high speed internet, which my browser reports as having 4 errors?
In Chrome, when I clicked on "Put your site to the test" it did nothing.
I reloaded it in a different tab and it worked.

Xenforo.com scored 2/4 on the "GoMo" scale.
xenforo.com.2.out.of.4.google.mobile.score.webp

Works just fine in Safari for me, and how trying to get more sites to provide mobile-friendly versions is a useless initiative is beyond me (considering more and more people use their phone and tablets as a primary means to browse).

Top Bottom