Google Glass Forums

Becky

Hi folks, me again :whistle:

I'm jointly running another new forum and it would be great to have some feedback from you guys.

Google Glass Forums

We have used XenPorta for the front page, and the Resource Manager for the articles section (in time we will split out categories, but for now there aren't enough to warrant doing that).

Any thoughts for any other features that could be handy? Glass is so new that it is difficult to judge right now, but if the site proves a success then we are hoping developers will be able to share applications etc.

All feedback very welcome!

Great looking style @Becky. I normally find fault with the styles so improvements can be made but you've done an excellent job with this and the different node icons through out really add to the theme. :thumbsup:

It looks like you are running a socially site where members coming together and interacting have you taken a look at Xenmoods by Dismounted that may be of interest to you that adds to the atmosphere in what mood people are in?

Nicely done! Hopefully your niche takes off for you Becky. I think the success or lack of (the glasses not your site) will depend on what Google prices it at on public market release.

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm really pleased that the style comes across well, we wanted a modern look given that Glass is such a new technology. I can't take all the credit I'm afraid, Ian did a lot of the techy side and he has great attention to detail! The font seems to work really well - especially in the logo - and in time I think we will redesign the logo picture.

Shelley - thanks for the suggestion about Xenmoods, it's actually something I've been thinking about introducing on Baking Forums in time. Perhaps once the forum has some momentum in the community we'll take a look at it, as you are right it would be a great way to support the social interaction in a group.

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Glass, I can't wait to get my hands on a pair. Saw an article on Forbes today which made me chuckle:

Last month there were rumblings over how the majority of Google Glass units went to men and USA Today opined that this could be a result of the dearth of women in tech but eventually suggested that it could be because women recognized that the device makes people look “dorky.”
- Forbes

:LOL:

I really love this theme. Would you ever be interested in releasing/selling it?

Good luck with the forum!

I really love this theme. Would you ever be interested in releasing/selling it?

Good luck with the forum!

Thanks for the compliment! For now it's nice to have a unique look, but if we update the forum style in the future then we might consider selling the current style.

Top Bottom