Fixed Google connected account leads to invalid page

Andro

Affected version
ACP -> User X -> Extra -> Connected accounts -> Google -> View account links to invalid pages.

As Google+ is discontinued by Google.

It has been a long time where I can click on a connected account in ACP (FB and Twitter included) and have it land on an actual profile. It usually just bombs out and returns a useless response.

I used the Xenforo 2 user manual and setup FB, Twitter, and Google step by step where I created developer accounts in each product and in the end everything passes the “Test” button when I try it out. Twitter seems to load a profile more often than not, FB rarely loads one and seems like it’s missing something somewhere along the way, and Google loads a generic message saying they discontinued the Google + service late last year, which I understand. So what we have are people who create their forum profile upon registering and use those social media credentials to login instead of creating another account on the forum.

Facebook bothers me the most because users will have their FB profile right there in the “Additional Contact” tab in ACP or under the “Extra“ heading in ACP and when I click it doesn’t take me to their FB profile and we use that to screen new applicants who want to join. I can usually find them by searching but that just creates extra work. I hope this all makes sense.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.1.7).

Change log:
Remove Google+ URL from the Google connected account template.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom