Google Analytics with Two TLD

gmaister22

Hey guys, anyone is experienced how does that work?
I got both a .net and a .org domain and i want to get analytics for both, though i can only add 1 Google Analytics ID on xenforo.

I guess the settings should like that for BOTH .org and .net domain?

REz

If you're redirecting, that actually doesn't work, because you need to input the code, OR add the google file to the server. I think that the multiple domains area is intended to be for that situation.

I was under the impression that you added each domain to the server and both domains points to the same root.
what you mean by single domain?
Look at your image. It says "A single domain" - with this, you would put analytics on each domain, or TLD. The option that you clicked in that image says "multiple top level domains" this means that if you redirect to your site, google will recognize your domain as a redirect, and will treat it as a "referring" domain.
your domains are forwarded to a main domain or they are parked domains?
My domain TLD's for CarlosX360 are .com, .net, and .co and they're all stationed in their own root.

Well, how long ago did you purchase both domains - because if one is older than the other, the older one has to be the one with the redirect. Why? Because if you redirect, your domain WILL appear on google rankings, yes, but won't register as much visits or uniques to your site.

Remember, Google is a search engine, it isn't a scouting service.

Yes, the thing is that if i use the redirection method, google analytics wont count on both, if i point them both on the website (park one domain), ads then wont wok, im so confused lol

Top Bottom