Google adsense

JoyFreak

Hi all,

I am new to this whole Google adsense business and would like some guidance as to how to display these. I am assuming the Advertising under options is for that? Except when I add the Google adsense code for above node list (also tried below node list) it does not show?

Do you guys use widget or how do you do display it?

Many thanks in advance!

first things first it takes 20 minutes if the ad unit is new.. but if your Google Adsense is new then you have to wait until approve
It's been approved and it displays but certain "Positions" on Options > Advertising does not display. I want it show above node list and below node list but it doesn't work. It works on certain positions but does not display correctly.

Go to Ad Units, then the "Get Code". My Ad type is "Text/image, Responsive".

Attachments

• getCode.webp
    getCode.webp
    2.1 KB · Views: 15
No it doesn't even show at all on the default style. @shimspedy recommended to get Ads Manager 2 so I am getting that as we speak :D
hey so xen has built-in position but not cool as the addon ... for the ads to show you will need to select the positions were you want the ads to be placed.. you can also add a custom position too... let chat on my board for more ...

Go to Ad Units, then the "Get Code". My Ad type is "Text/image, Responsive".

Ok it's no longer displaying in the footer what ever the position is. It's now displaying based on the chosen position. Great but now another problem! It's position is there because it leaves a big gap but no ads in it's place? See attachment!

I had to manually add a Ad unit by selecting "Display ads" and choosing "Horizontal" > "Responsive" and that generated a code for me which done the above. Bare in mind I am new to all this :p See attachment also.

Attachments

• this.webp
    this.webp
    41 KB · Views: 16
  • thos2.webp
    thos2.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 20
You don't have any ad blockers installed on your browser do you ? :D

It does take time to show up on the forum in my experience.. also, check the console log for any errors.

You don't have any ad blockers installed on your browser do you ? :D

It does take time to show up on the forum in my experience.. also, check the console log for any errors.
Ahhh, its displaying now! Thank you so much! Your method worked perfectly!

Is there a way I can get it to display responsively on mobile? Takes up majority of the screen, would be good to have it horizontal on mobile too! See attached image

Attachments

• E7B98267-CCAD-4400-B100-DF09ED80B36C.webp
    E7B98267-CCAD-4400-B100-DF09ED80B36C.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 18
Is there a way I can get it to display responsively on mobile? Takes up majority of the screen, would be good to have it horizontal on mobile too! See attached image

That's already how you want it. Horizontal ads are for sidebars, not wide enough for mobile.

We use this:
Code:
style="display:inline-block;width:100%;height:280px"
style="display:inline-block;width:100%;height:90px"

Last edited:
Top Bottom