Google Adsense Policy Violations - ads are showing on login page?

The requirement you are finding for login/login may be due to a custom theme.? I believe by default XenForo's login is always an overlay which would not display ads.

I thought this would be good place to re-post the full list of XenForo 2 templates that you should prevent Adsense ads from showing on to keep in compliance with their rules:

Code:
account_alerts
account_avatar
account_bookmarks
account_connected
account_connected_associate
account_details
account_email
account_following
account_ignored
account_preferences
account_privacy
account_reactions
account_security
account_signature
approval_queue
contact_form
conversation_add
conversation_edit
conversation_invite
conversation_leave
conversation_list
conversation_reply
conversation_view
error
find_threads_list
forum_post_thread
help_index
help_page
login
login_password_confirm
login_two_step
lost_password
lost_password_confirm
message_page
news_feed
register_complete
register_confirm
register_connected_account
register_form
report_list
watched_forums_list
watched_threads_list

If you have Media Gallery add:
Code:
xfmg_category_add
xfmg_media_edit_image
xfmg_watched_albums
xfmg_watched_categories
xfmg_watched_media

If you have Resource Manager add:
Code:
xfrm_category_add_resource
xfrm_resource_edit
xfrm_watched_categories
xfrm_watched_resources
How did you compile this list?

How did you compile this list?

By going through all the guest viewable templates and compiling all those that displaying ads on would be against Adsense rules, then adding to that list all templates that would only be shown to logged in members which again would against Adsense rules even if you provide a crawler login to Adsense (Adsense would still have no direct access to these user specific site pages).

Last edited:
This makes me realize that I have an admin forum that I need to address. I think I will just delete it. It's useful but probably not worth the risk.

Is there an easy way to say, don't show ads in a forum and the threads of a forum?

Does they give you a heads up before they ban you?

This makes me realize that I have an admin forum that I need to address. I think I will just delete it. It's useful but probably not worth the risk.

Is there an easy way to say, don't show ads in a forum and the threads of a forum?

Does they give you a heads up before they ban you?

You should just be able to update your template list to the one provided above and then give Adsense login access to your forums by setting up a new user account with permissions to view all forums.

Instructions for giving Adsense login access:

Once that is done you should be good shape and shouldn't incur any warnings or violations. I personally haven't heard of them penalizing someone who has already put their site in compliance (even if it wasn't for an extended period of time prior).

Top Bottom