Good Web Hosting

Izagar

Ok. I run a total of four sites right now, two of which are major, one in hiatus, and one coming soon. Bluehost decided to get angry at me for the database usage causing the site to crash so I'm thinking of getting a new host possibly.

Anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks...

It sounds like you could use the resources of a dedicated server, either a VPS or a full server. I would suggest a vps to start with. It is very easy to scale a vps. You can actually scale them to the equivalent of a very healthy server if necessary.

I have been with linode.com for a couple of years. They have very good support and demonstrated quality. During the time I have been with them, they have increase the package resources without raising their prices. After the last increase, I downgraded to the next lower package since the new resources met my needs and I saved money.

Their control panel is very good and support is very responsive. They have a very good library of resources, a blog, and a helpful forum community.

I have also had accounts with Hostgator for many years. A reseller account can have quite a bit of resources. Their reseller account scale well. They also have a vps offering but it isn't based on Xen which I prefer. Beyond that, they have managed dedicated servers available. If you want a "cheap" dedicated server, HG offers an un-managed dedicated server for $85 per month but you have to email support and request it. It is not advertised and only available when they are available. :)

Jeff

PS. My vps with Linode has been online since I downgraded almost a year ago. Prior to that, I went over a year continuous operation until I decided to upgrade the OS.

I use Linode (well, did use, I should say) but you should also take a look into SpeedySparrow.com. Their VPS plans are not listed, so you'll need to contact their sales department but they offer managed and un-managed, along with some other great features.

Well see my site is 5000 MB in size due to all the sites under it. I host Zelda Temple, Generation Pokemon, and Fire Emblem Wiki, with only ZT and FEW being active and GP being inactive/hiatus (mostly due to no unique design for it yet and a bit busy on ZT AND uninterested at the moment, but my interests tend to change a lot). I don't have a lot of money either and BARELY make anything off ads for ZT (I only make $.12 a day). I get 200 visitors daily according to Google Analytics. So I wouldn't think there would be much hassle, but I guess I am wrong.

Well see my site is 5000 MB in size due to all the sites under it. I host Zelda Temple, Generation Pokemon, and Fire Emblem Wiki, with only ZT and FEW being active and GP being inactive/hiatus (mostly due to no unique design for it yet and a bit busy on ZT AND uninterested at the moment, but my interests tend to change a lot). I don't have a lot of money either and BARELY make anything off ads for ZT (I only make $.12 a day). I get 200 visitors daily according to Google Analytics. So I wouldn't think there would be much hassle, but I guess I am wrong.
That is it? You could go with a high-quality shared host and I am sure they would not have a problem hosting your site(unless they oversell...), a small VPS might work if you need the control over your OS.

I use Corporate Pride Hosting. They offer practically unmetered space for 7 bucks a month. They never have downtime and the support is ace. Have been using them for about 3 years now and they have done nothing but good things for me. If you are looking for an ace host, these are the guys.

I used WiredTree for many years until some serious downtime literally killed my traffic. There are quite a few posts on WebHostingTalk.com about it. Perhaps they have fixed and handled those issues, but I have since moved.

I'm now hosted with ServInt and couldn't be happier. My only complaint is that they do not offer LiteSpeed support :(.

Top Bottom