• Tutorials/ How to....

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Q&A (Question and Answer)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other- If so post idea/topic below please

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

Liam23

Hey Guys, I'm planning on creating a new forum/site and I need ideas of for the sites topic....

What are ideas/topics that can get alot of members/activity?

That is relatively interesting/fun

Go with what you know first of all - you can expand into other things once you've cut your teeth and got the hang of everything an "Admin" can have thrown at them. (y)

The thing about going with what you know/love is that you can talk about it with authority/experience and because you already have a passion for it you won't lose interest easily (starting a forum is bloody hard work and can be a lonely job until you get some regular visitors!!).

The other thing is you'll always have stuff to say and you will speak with an informed opinion that other, experienced people, will recognise and want to join in with. (y)

I don't really care about the topic that much, As long as its popular :) I'm planing on creating like a network of forums using the XenSSO Add-On.
You need a strong base site for a network to work.

http://kairospot.net has started to do a network, and they're using their cornerstone of Kairospot games to do so (Very high loyalty from members as well).

This is easy... there just aren't enough gaming forums these days... but seriously, go with something you are passionate about. Don't create a forum about something you don't care about because you'll quickly find yourself losing interest in keeping the site going.

This is easy... there just aren't enough gaming forums these days... but seriously, go with something you are passionate about. Don't create a forum about something you don't care about because you'll quickly find yourself losing interest in keeping the site going.
Okay, But what could I gain alot of members off of?
I love video games, Soccer, Life, Funny stuff (pics and images) and sayings and stuff... Ya I confused myself there lol :confused:

Okay, But what could I gain alot of members off of?
I love video games, Soccer, Life, Funny stuff (pics and images) and sayings and stuff... Ya I confused myself there lol :confused:
Go see if there's already a forum for your favorite soccer team.

Like others said, building a forum is hard work, especially if you're in an overcrowded niche.

I am about to launch a certain sport site, just because I want to get in shape again. Therefore I want to gather as much as motivational information about this subject as I can get. It will be a success for me when I reach this physical goal, no matter if the site actually takes off. The site takes me only one step closer to my real goal.

I am about to launch a certain sport site, just because I want to get in shape again. Therefore I want to gather as much as motivational information about this subject as I can get. It will be a success for me when I reach this physical goal, no matter if the site actually takes off. The site takes me only one step closer to my real goal.

Calories burned during website Administration: zero
Stress calories eaten at 3am from messing with your website: too many.

Don't work too hard on the site !

Calories burned during website Administration: zero
Stress calories eaten at 3am from messing with your website: too many.

Don't work too hard on the site !

My daily sport activities will be recorded mainly for myself and whoever wants to join in, will be able to do so. It is about sport motivation, and what gets you going to get up and do sports. I am not planing to loose too much time on administration since I am doing this project on my spare time. I have told some of my friends about my plans to get in shape. This will ensure my commitment so that I don't loose track. Actually, the last couple weeks I have been doing quite some workout which is what it's all about.

Top Bottom