Going to start getting serious to make the jump.

Well that's good to know :). It'll probably be sometime early next year (January or February) when I purchase xF anyway. So hopefully, by that time, most of the bugs have been worked out, more tutorials have been written and more modifications have been released (or are in the works). So, we'll see how things progress :)

Well that's good to know :). It'll probably be sometime early next year (January or February) when I purchase xF anyway. So hopefully, by that time, most of the bugs have been worked out, more tutorials have been written and more modifications have been released (or are in the works). So, we'll see how things progress :)

If I have not moved to XenForo well before the end of the year I am jumping off a building. Problem is we don't have any buildings tall enough to be worth jumping off of.

If I have not moved to XenForo well before the end of the year I am jumping off a building. Problem is we don't have any buildings tall enough to be worth jumping off of.
Well, I know one of my main concerns is going to be re-learning the code structure of another software. It's already taken me quite a while to get used to coding in vBulletin and finally get to know and understand what works where, etc. and not having full access to the content in some of the tutorials (yet) kind of limits things a bit for me. I'd also like to eventually port all (or most) of my modifications from vBulletin.org to xenForo, and I'm not sure how long that will take :p

I think we would try and get as much as possible done with a copy of members and posts, when that is done flush the data base and rest everything and wait for final.
You can't flush the database of imported content, so make sure you take a backup before doing a test import.

Then reload the backup to do another, etc.

I'm also starting the final preperations for us to get moved over so will be watching with interest, although have already ran into an error that i didn't get when testing on localhost as I can't seem to get the import working on our server, just gives forum cannot be found error. But good luck with yours I'll be watching with interest :)

Top Bottom