XF 1.2 Going to "new posts" in un-read threads on new posts page

Live Free

One of my members is reporting that every time in every thread they visit they are taken to somewhere near the end of thread where the new posts are, even in threads they've never viewed/opened. Upon further investigation this isn't true if they just open a forum and open a thread they've never read before, but is the case for threads listed in the New Posts page (and of course the latest posts on forum home).

In his words:

I'm now finding that when I click on a thread title, it takes me to a post far down the thread as if it were the "first unread", even if I haven't visited that thread before. Example - someone posts a new thread at 11 AM, I click on it at 4 PM and it goes directly to a response made at 3 PM, not the OP.

Is there a setting for this? By design? A bug? When I view the same New Posts link and open a thread I've never read before, I'm taken to the original post. This members being taken to the latest posts.

If you've never read a thread and its within your thread marking time period, */unread will take you to the first post. If the thread is older than the unread date, it will take you to the first post within the thread that is within the thread marking period, as anything older is assumed read by the system.

If you've never read a thread and its within your thread marking time period, */unread will take you to the first post. If the thread is older than the unread date, it will take you to the first post within the thread that is within the thread marking period, as anything older is assumed read by the system.

Do you know where users can adjust this setting? Can't seem to find it.

Top Bottom