XF 1.5 GoDaddy Woes (I think)

mikie

Does anyone use GoDaddy Hosting on one of their shared Servers?

About 6 months ago I began to notice that I was not getting emails generated by the forum. None. No Contact us, no Conversation prompts, no new membership sign ups... nothing. Did not put two and two together, but then I realized that new members were not getting membership confirmation emails either.

Have now spent a significant amount of time on the phone with GoDaddy. Just got done with a 2.5 hour call with them a few minutes ago.

They are claiming that because I am on one of their shared servers, that any activity on my forum causes a Form Mail "like" activity (for example a "Like" to a post). That these activities are being perceived by the server as Spam type activities which in turns shuts down email capability for my site.

GoDaddy is suggesting one of two things. 1) Find an Add On that separates normal forum activity from Form Mail activity so as to not trigger this an email shutdown on the server. or, 2) Move over to a dedicated server (at a price of $1733 per year) to eliminate the shared server email shutdown.

Has ANYONE experienced this on a shared server? i can not fathom I am the only guy on the planet that has experienced this.

And yes, they have done a complete scan/sweep of my site for malicious script.

Forum is imtbtrails.com
have had it up and running for almost 4 years (I think). It's not a big forum, but it has a fair amount of traffic.
Suggestions, questions? Cliffs I can jump off?

Mikie

I just started using them on a shared plan (arghh) and I just tested the email new registration and reply to a watched thread and it seems to be working. The site is new so I dont have any members yet.

They are claiming that because I am on one of their shared servers, that any activity on my forum causes a Form Mail "like" activity (for example a "Like" to a post). That these activities are being perceived by the server as Spam type activities which in turns shuts down email capability for my site.

Sounds like a bogus excuse to me since there has to be plenty of forums hosted on GoDaddy servers that don't have this problem or we would have heard about it by now.

I have just responded to your ticket regarding this.

To reiterate, we have many (many) customers on Godaddy shared hosting who have no issues at all.

Top Bottom