XF 2.2 Go backwards after updating to Beta 1 ?

Is it possible to go backwards after after updating to 2.2 Beta 1 ? If it is, what steps would I need to do ?

I would like to update the site from 2.2 Beta 1 back to the last stable release of 2.1 if that makes any sense.

Beta 2 shouldn't be any less stable than Beta 1.

Ideally you need to do this in a test environment rather than a live one. At least then you have some breathing space to rectify issues if any arise.

Beta 2 shouldn't be any less stable than Beta 1.

Ideally you need to do this in a test environment rather than a live one. At least then you have some breathing space to rectify issues if any arise.
Beta 1 installed with no errors and is running fine. Upgrading to Beta 2 was not good.

We are small forum so no big deal. Not like millions are affected. I gather there is no way to go backwards. Is there a planned timeframe for 2.2 to get released ?

Beta 1 installed with no errors and is running fine. Upgrading to Beta 2 was not good.

We are small forum so no big deal. Not like millions are affected. I gather there is no way to go backwards. Is there a planned timeframe for 2.2 to get released ?
There is no way to go backwards, indeed.

We strongly believe you won't have run into any stability issues that are due to be resolved so at some point you may face the same issues when you try to do the upgrade again either to Beta 2 or a subsequent version.

With that in mind, while there's likely no big deal now, when you come around to doing the upgrade properly, we'd strongly recommend doing it on a test database so you can address any issues with less urgency.

just tried upgrading to beta 3 and this appears to be the same place where beta 2 stopped and i fell back to beta 1.

An exception occurred: [XF\Db\Exception] MySQL statement prepare error [2006]: MySQL server has gone away in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php on line 228

1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 39
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
  4. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 94
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Session/DbStorage.php at line 57
  6. XF\Session\DbStorage->writeSession() in src/XF/Session/Session.php at line 215
  7. XF\Session\Session->save() in src/XF/Install/App.php at line 190
  8. XF\Install\App->complete() in src/XF/App.php at line 2301
  9. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 459
  10. XF::runApp() in install/index.php at line 14

this does not appear to be add-on related ?

fell back to before beta 3 upgrade database and ran rebuild search index and was getting same error as the install would fail and stop at.

tweaked some php settings and still failed. changed items per page to 200 and the task finished properly

figured i was home free and tried installing beta 3 again. bam, same error.

:unsure:

Top Bottom