Give [No Thanks] - prefix/feedback a second thought.

Grover

No big deal at all, but I would like to get a little attention for this:

XenForo's UI/UX is just simple outstanding.

Oh... and I guess the [No thanks] thread prefix is Kier's deep nasty way of saying 'Dis-like' without providing the damned (linky, linky, linky) 'Dis-like' button... :p;)

To be clear I totally agree with Kier's strong vision about the cons of a dislike button (apparently they've reconsidered this a bit). And this posting is meant to prove his point :):

I feel the [No thanks] 'prefix' should get a second thought. Surely it is not meant this way, but putting a [No thanks] into the threadtitle of a suggestion from a member / potential customer... sounds a bit blunt. Obviously, it's not intended to, but it can come across this way. Just like a dis-like button does , as expressed by Kier himself ;)...

So, basically M&K are demonstrating themselves here that Kier made a very valid point about the effects of a negative feedback 'system', don't they? :p;)

Hope M&K get my point, which is obviously meant as constructive feedback. Thanks!

How about replacing it with [F**k that]?

;)
ROFLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rofl.gif

If [No thanks] is blunt, then what would be more positive? I don't think they'll go with the above option (as great of an idea as that is, hahaha :P), and somehow [Respectfully declined due to personal preference, but your idea is still nice] seems a bit lengthy. haha In other words, I don't find the current prefix to be blunt or disrespectful; I think a simple "no thanks" is sufficiently polite. :)

If [No thanks] is blunt, then what would be more positive? I don't think they'll go with the above option (as great of an idea as that is, hahaha :p), and somehow [Respectfully declined due to personal preference, but your idea is still nice] seems a bit lengthy. haha In other words, I don't find the current prefix to be blunt or disrespectful; I think a simple "no thanks" is sufficiently polite. :)
This.

Personally I am *extremely* grateful for this type of feedback. Having acknowledgment/feedback of any type is a good thing. "No" is as good as answer as any, and can then plan for ways around it, if it is really important.

Would you rather have the suggestions ignored?

If [No thanks] is blunt, then what would be more positive? I don't think they'll go with the above option (as great of an idea as that is, hahaha :p), and somehow [Respectfully declined due to personal preference, but your idea is still nice] seems a bit lengthy. haha In other words, I don't find the current prefix to be blunt or disrespectful; I think a simple "no thanks" is sufficiently polite. :)

Well... it is just a matter how people interpret it. And since we are all different people, it would be best to use a more neutral phrase then 'No, thanks', just to prevent that people take it to negative (which it isn't meant to, obviously). It is the same reason why some people have no problems with a Dislike button and others surely and very understandable do. Best to prevent it, don't you think?

As I said, it is no big deal by all means, but just a point to illustrated how words like dislike or 'no, thanks' can come across differently as it is meant. That's all. :)

I'm pretty sure that most everyone knows that Kier was playing around (and welcome it). No other thread is prefixed like that.
I don't see it as a big deal really.

I'm pretty sure that most everyone knows that Kier was playing around (and welcome it). No other thread is prefixed like that.

Ah, okay... I had the impression more threads were labeled like that. Obviously that changes it, but in fact it was not a big deal at all (read my first post) to begin with. When I see a [No, thanks] message, I (and some others) somehow feel it's a bit negative. But this has maybe also something to do with me coming from the Netherlands and not being familiar with English that well. You see, when you say 'No, thanks' in Dutch it does have a more negative feeling around it. In my language it has a more 'cynical/blunt' feeling around it really. Obviously it is meant as very polite (as most of you take it). Again, the point I merely wanted to make is how different the interpretations (also in relation to a dislike feature) can be. Maybe I should move to Britain!? :D

Or take yourself off for a break at one of those lovely coffeeshops you have over there. :D

;)

I never visited one! You mean, it should be time by now? ;)... I could use a break from XenForo that's for sure... it is totally addictive to post here! (Not sure if a visit to a coffeeshop is so wise in the light of 'addications', he :p)

I never visited one! You mean, it should be time by now? ;)... I could use a break from XenForo that's for sure... it is totally addictive to post here! (Not sure if a visit to a coffeeshop is so wise in the light of 'addications', he :p)
heh very true.

You're right it is very addicting to post here.

Theres a few threads prefixed with 'No thanks'; one was mind, but I never found it rude or blunt, I found it to be feedback, and he provided his opinion which is more then other systems have done :p.

Would [Thanks, but no thanks] help?
hmm.gif
I think that's even more negative than "No Thanks". Maybe it's because it calls up memories to my mind, when I was a little younger and tried picking up girls in the club and would oftentimes get that answer. "Thanks, but no thanks." Along with a flick of the hand or something. LOL

"Thanks, but no thanks."

^This. Exactly how it more or less (even more) comes across in Dutch indeed.

Theres a few threads prefixed with 'No thanks'; one was mind, but I never found it rude or blunt, I found it to be feedback, and he provided his opinion which is more then other systems have done :p.

Okidoki (<--- does this sound rude in anyone's language? ;)), this is the last remark from me. Sometimes it is difficult in electronic communication to see what the feeling is behind written words and one can apply this to this subject matter on 2 levels. For example: The whole of my first posting for example is meant to be just funny (okay, I can improve my skills! :p): http://xenforo.com/community/thread...second-thought.2578/ and here I explained (and realized, thanks to the positive feedback of most people) clearly what the reason is (Dutch<>English) that for me [No, thanks] sounds different: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...second-thought.2578/. I have a bit the impression that people think it was aimed at our beloved Saviors ;) and take it a little bit too seriously (defensive). No worries, if my XenForo powered future websites will have the success I envision and I will -not doubt- become multi-millionaire, I will move to Britain to absorb myself in this great language. [Thank You]

Top Bottom