Add-on Gifts add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veer

One of the features that the members on my vBulletin sites love (and missing in xenForo) is the ability to use "Points" to "Purchase" Gift items (virtual gift images) for other members to display in their profile and postbit area.

I used vBPlaza in past and recently vBShop by Dragonbyte-tech.com for this purpose, both have other purchase-able items too but that's not needed. I'm just wondering to have a simple gift item shop that allows members to send virtual gifts to each other, The way Facebook does.

It can be integrated with XenForo's built-in trophy points system. So members will be able to utilize their earned points and share love & happiness to friends and fellows.

On the front-end, A gift shop page to display all available gift images (possibly 64 x 64 pixels) in the Categories. And a Gift showcase on members profile tab, that includes Received Gift images with sender's name and optionally a short messages.

Anyone else like this idea? If so, please click "Like" for this request, thanks.

Something different, on my case, but that may be the thing OP was looking for. I am looking into the gift system only itself. I never knew how that one is called on vB, but I have saw it.

Screenshots of what it looks like.

gift user profile.webp gifts of user.webp gifts sending.webp

I am going to develop something similar, unless some other one made that in another add-on that I missed on.

That's fairly close to what Steve is slated for 1.1 of his mod. Not trying to discourage you, just informing.

Thank you for informing. I read what he plans for 1.1, but again I think the approach is different. Anyway, if he is up to do something like that, it's ok. Yeah, it's no discouragement, it's nice to hear that someone is working on something similar already.

Thank you for informing. I read what he plans for 1.1, but again I think the approach is different. Anyway, if he is up to do something like that, it's ok. Yeah, it's no discouragement, it's nice to hear that someone is working on something similar already.
Well I don't think he's working on something like this.

Just wanted to inform you that I have began work on v2 of xenShop which will include features like that of which you have stated above. Head on over to http://xenpoints.com to check up on the progress of things.

We will do our best to meet your seat request. This addon will be in touch as soon as possible, we ask for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom