Add-on Gifting User Upgrades - Bring back to life?

I know this add-on already exists, but it seems like it has essentially be abandoned by its owner. Can anyone else take a stab at it? or even just make the original available? Free or Paid, this would definitely be useful!

Original for reference: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/gift-user-upgrades-paid.31733/page-6
We made an add-on, Upgrade Coupons by Waindigo a while back which allows members to gift user upgrades to other members. If you would like to contribute to improve the add-on to more fit your needs please contact us on our site at waindigo.org.

We made an add-on, Upgrade Coupons by Waindigo a while back which allows members to gift user upgrades to other members. If you would like to contribute to improve the add-on to more fit your needs please contact us on our site at waindigo.org.
I tried the coupons for a while they confused my members, they kept buying more upgrade coupon for themselves on accident so i still had to address this issue a lot. A simple field where the member can put their friends nick is really all thats needed to address this. It really should be that simple, remember people dont like jumping through hoops, they just want it quick and easy.

Good addon, but from the bit I've used it, it confuses more people than helps. I don't know how many times I've had to explain how to gift someone premium correctly.

I definitely liked the old addon from Sumo where you basically just clicked a button, typed in who you wanted to give it to, and it gave it to them.

it seems to me that such functionality would fit well in user essentials. @Daniel Hood

That would be incredible. @Daniel Hood

Good addon, but from the bit I've used it, it confuses more people than helps. I don't know how many times I've had to explain how to gift someone premium correctly.

I definitely liked the old addon from Sumo where you basically just clicked a button, typed in who you wanted to give it to, and it gave it to them.

That would be incredible. @Daniel Hood
It really amazes me that the most needed add on for a forum to thrive is not available, or built in. I don't understand why this issue is ignored. what am I missing?

Gifting friends can double your income on any forum. Maybe most admins dont bother with upgrades?

It really amazes me that the most needed add on for a forum to thrive is not available, or built in. I don't understand why this issue is ignored. what am I missing?

I'm not too sure, but I would definitely throw money into the pot to get this addon made. Would you?

I think it would be incredible if it were added to the User Essentials addon that @Daniel Hood is now developing. If he wants, I have no problem paying him to add this feature to the add-on. Of course, I would need others to help pay for it, but if we could get a group of guys willing to throw in a few 20 spots, I'm sure we could get it done.

I'm not too sure, but I would definitely throw money into the pot to get this addon made. Would you?

I think it would be incredible if it were added to the User Essentials addon that @Daniel Hood is now developing. If he wants, I have no problem paying him to add this feature to the add-on. Of course, I would need others to help pay for it, but if we could get a group of guys willing to throw in a few 20 spots, I'm sure we could get it done.
Of course i would be glad to help pay any developer for this add on. I hope someone will let me know if the opportunity arises as i am desperate at this point for this add on.

I already have an add-on for this that I made specifically for a client. I'll see if he's up for making it public.

so with this you have the core of the addon already only need to make some changes that i will suggest now on this addon.

on upgrade user page you see "Coupon Key:" change that to Upgrade Member and in the box you could type the member who you wish to upgrade.

"Purchase Gift Coupon for Upgrade:" change this to "Purchase Gift Premium" so it does what the original upgrade to how many months premium and that links to the member above.

Make this addon set up for usergroups, so we can set permissions for premium members only.

hope this makes sense

I deal with it quite easily ...
1. A page, including a PayPal Buy Now button code, where they enter the userid they want the upgrade for. Eg. http://netrider.net.au/pages/donate_membership/
2. When the PayPal email arrives, confirming/advising payment, I goto /admin.php?user-upgrades/ and manually upgrade the user.

For item #1 above, you can generate the code by logging in to your PayPal account and clicking Tools | Get Paid on Your Website | Create A Button. For ' Sample Buy Now Button' choose 'Create Similar Button'. Example ...

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 00.16.05.webp

@NixFifty any news on the release of this add-on ?
I will be releasing the add-on in the next day or two. The client that originally had me develop it was okay with me releasing the gifting bit but preferred to keep the other features exclusive to his site and select others. As such, I had to do the gifting bit separately. But yeah, I'll release it in the next day or two.

I will be releasing the add-on in the next day or two. The client that originally had me develop it was okay with me releasing the gifting bit but preferred to keep the other features exclusive to his site and select others. As such, I had to do the gifting bit separately. But yeah, I'll release it in the next day or two.

So what exactly will be included and what will be kept separate? Seems unfair if any of the features suggested here are kept separate considering they were other peoples ideas. If it his original ideas, then I think that is perfectly fine.

Thanks for the hard work! Looking forward to using this add-on.

So what exactly will be included and what will be kept separate? Seems unfair if any of the features suggested here are kept separate considering they were other peoples ideas. If it his original ideas, then I think that is perfectly fine.
Oh, by other features, I didn't mean the ones suggested here. The add-on was made almost a year ago and since then we've added a number of things to suit the site and it's demographics. Some of those will not be in the gifting add-on. That is what I meant.

Oh, by other features, I didn't mean the ones suggested here. The add-on was made almost a year ago and since then we've added a number of things to suit the site and it's demographics. Some of those will not be in the gifting add-on. That is what I meant.

Oh ok! Sounds good! Thanks!!

Top Bottom