• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.4 Gif Avatars

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It requires using the Imagemagick option and the relevant extension installed on the server (http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick).

Note that even without that option, animated avatars will show on profile pages, as long as the image isn't resized or processed in any way.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It's not an add-on, it's a PHP extension so needs to be installed on the server, rather than your XF installation.

I removed my AV and uploaded again and it isn't working right yet. I uploaded the package to my host server and extracted the files. I'm missing something here. Do I configure it somewhere?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Is the imagick PHP PECL extension also installed and has it been compiled against the ImageMagick libraries on the server?

Have you selected the option in the ACP?

Is the imagick PHP PECL extension also installed and has it been compiled against the ImageMagick libraries on the server?

Have you selected the option in the ACP?
That's what I couldn't find but I found an old thread that was having the same issue and found the option to change to ImageMagick PECL Extension for image processing. So happy to have that fixed now :)