1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Gif Avatars

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by saucylost, Mar 1, 2015.

1. saucylost

saucylost Member

Could someone explain how I make that change to have user avatars animate if they want that?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It requires using the Imagemagick option and the relevant extension installed on the server (http://pecl.php.net/package/imagick).

Note that even without that option, animated avatars will show on profile pages, as long as the image isn't resized or processed in any way.

3. saucylost

saucylost Member

So I download 3.2.0RC1 and install it to my host server and in the add-on in the admin panel?

4. Brogan

It's not an add-on, it's a PHP extension so needs to be installed on the server, rather than your XF installation.

5. saucylost

saucylost Member

Nice, I just got it :LOL:(y)

6. saucylost

saucylost Member

I love how helpful you are Brogan :love:

Thank you :)

7. saucylost

saucylost Member

Okay, I didn't get it. It is only working on the profile which is progress but I would like the images to show on the forum.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Avatars will need to be re-uploaded.

9. saucylost

saucylost Member

I removed my AV and uploaded again and it isn't working right yet. I uploaded the package to my host server and extracted the files. I'm missing something here. Do I configure it somewhere?

10. saucylost

saucylost Member

I was told by my host that I have ImageMagick 6.6x already installed so what do I need to do?

11. Brogan

Is the imagick PHP PECL extension also installed and has it been compiled against the ImageMagick libraries on the server?

Have you selected the option in the ACP?

12. saucylost

saucylost Member

NVM again, I figured it out for real this time :love:(y)

13. saucylost

saucylost Member

That's what I couldn't find but I found an old thread that was having the same issue and found the option to change to ImageMagick PECL Extension for image processing. So happy to have that fixed now :)

14. Nobita.Kun

Nobita.Kun Well-Known Member