Getting user_id from forum post

Hey All!

Recently purchased a license for XenForo with the intent of migrating from VBulletin 4. Really love the software (XenForo, that is).

I'm making an add-on that will use the "message_content" content hook within the "message" template to insert a custom template. In the process of that I look up some custom info from a separate table using the poster's user_id, but I'm having trouble getting that from getParams().

I see that there's an array of posts which lists all of the posts of the thread by post_id, but I can't figure out an efficient way to the user_id of that post within my listener.

Thanks so much for any insight!

-adamsmasher
tonymacx86.com

Every entry in that array should consist of an array with the following stuff (including your user_id):

Unbenannt-2.webp

You pretty much have already what you want, just call it.

I'm making an add-on that will use the "message_content" content hook within the "message" template to insert a custom template.
If you mean template hooks, then template hooks are depreciated, make use of template modifications system.

In the process of that I look up some custom info from a separate table using the poster's user_id, but I'm having trouble getting that from getParams().
Here is how I would try to extend:
PHP:
<?php

class Demo_ControllerPublic_Thread extends XFCP_Demo_ControllerPublic_Thread
{
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        $response = parent::actionIndex();

if (isset($response->params, $response->params['posts']) && count((array)$response->params['posts']) > 0)
        {
            // Adding user ids to a array so that there aren't multiple queries
            // for something simple which can be done in a single query
            $userIds = array();
            foreach ($response->params['posts'] as $postId => $post)
            {
                if (isset($post['user_id']))
                {
                    $userIds[] = $post['user_id'];
                }
            }
            if (count((array) $userids) > 0)
            {
                // Make sure getMyStuffByUserIds is a array and each key is the user id
                $userStuff = $this->_getDemoModel()->getMyStuffByUserIds($userIds);
                foreach ($response->params['posts'] as $postId => &$post)
                {
                    if (isset($post['user_id'], $userStuff[$post['user_id']]))
                    {
                        $post['stuff'] = $userStuff[$post['user_id']];
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        $post['stuff'] = false; // false or anything else you want to be as default value
                    }
                }
            }
        }

return $response;
    }

protected function _getDemoModel()
    {
        return $this->getModelFromCache('Demo_Model_Demo');
    }
}

Every entry in that array should consist of an array with the following stuff (including your user_id):

You pretty much have already what you want, just call it.

I saw that data, but the index value for each in the array is the id of the post itself, so I wasn't sure how to specify that this post is X post in the array.

- adamsmasher
tonymacx86.com

If you mean template hooks, then template hooks are depreciated, make use of template modifications system.

Here is how I would try to extend:

It is? Glad I asked then :) I used template hooks since it was an easier transition for me from vBulletin, being the self-taught PHP hack that I am.

- adamsmasher
tonymacx86.com

Top Bottom