Getting tons of "Undefined variable: target" Errors

glorify

Just noticed in my server error logs. About 1 every 2 to to minutes. An example:

Error Info​
ErrorException: Undefined variable: target - ips2xf.php:116
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 4:16 PM

Stack Trace​

#0 /home/glorify/public_html/forums/ips2xf.php(116): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() #1 {main}

Request State​

array(3) { ["url"] => string(84) "http://www.glorifythepast.com/forums/index.php/topic/22187-los-angeles-farmers-field" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { }

I had the same problem. Was as a result of incoming URL's from my old vB threads. 99% was spider traffic.

I thought I remember Mike saying that the 1.0.1 update was supposed to fix this. All of my errors went away after the latest update.

Regardless..you should try and tweak your htaccess file to redirect these old URL's to their new location. Somewhere on here there are some posts about htaccess redirect rules.

I had the same problem. Was as a result of incoming URL's from my old vB threads. 99% was spider traffic.

I thought I remember Mike saying that the 1.0.1 update was supposed to fix this. All of my errors went away after the latest update.

Regardless..you should try and tweak your htaccess file to redirect these old URL's to their new location. Somewhere on here there are some posts about htaccess redirect rules.
I converted from vb to ipb to xf. The only problem is that thread was created during the IPB period. It should be redirecting. There are a lot of different threads.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Users aren't seeing the error.

On the issue with clearing the errors...I know it can be very cumbersome but XF has promised a "clear all" feature in the near future...though it wont come soon enough for those with wild scripts installed or issues like yours.

Brogan told me a simple way to clear them without having to do them one by one...you can just drop the XF error log table....though a I cannot locate the exact thread. Brogan?

Top Bottom