1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting current threadid to insert into db

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Mikey, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I have a add on which I am building, which inserts threads into the database with a short (user defined) description, and I'll figure out how to display them later.

Anyway, I need a way to insert the threadid into the database into my table.

I've tried;

PHP:
    public function actionAddYes() {

$db XenForo_Application::get('db');

$visitor XenForo_Visitor::getInstance();

$userid $visitor['user_id'];

$blurb $this->_input->cleanString($_POST['blurb']);

// $date = XenForo_Application::get('time'); <- not working - if anyone could suggest an alternate, i'd appreciate that also

$threadid $this->get('thread_id');

$db->query("INSERT INTO `xf_Mikey` (`threadid`, `userid`, `date`, `blurb`) VALUES ('$threadid', '$userid', '$date' '$blurb');");
            return 
    $this->responseRedirect(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect::SUCCESS);
        }
    Note, what I know I've learnt from reading the development forums or through reading other people's code.

Anyway, that doesnt work, I get this: Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mikey_ControllerPublic_Index::get() in /var/www/sites/xenforo/library/Mikey/ControllerPublic/Index.php on line 33

Any help will be appreciated :)

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Well, first of get() is a member of the DataWriter class, so you won't be able to call it via $this-> in a controller. And secondly, I'm a bit confused. Are you attempting to create a thread based on what they posted? If you are doing this when you do a thread (via the DataWriter of course) you could use getMergedData() from the DataWriter class to return an array that would have the thread_id in it. It is extremely late... and I'm working on a very small amount of sleep, so I may be off.

3. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

thanks kingkovifor and cezz, with their help i managed to figure it out, it was a bunch of problems, basically I wasnt doing much right :p