1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting changed data-value in Controller

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by MOZ, Jan 30, 2013.

1. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

I am working on a addon that deals with attachments. I have a checkbox and to pass its checked state, this is what I am doing:

Using JS onClick, I change the data-value of a HiddeInput in the attachment_upload_button template.
    The data-value of this HiddenInput is read by the XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment::actionDoUpload and then further action is taken.

The issue is that data-value is successfully changed (Check by sending alert onClick with value of data-value) however this change is not reflected in the actionDoUpload function (Checked by dumping the value read by the controller)

2. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Anyone? Please?

3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

The attachment upload button is really a Flash object that reads those settings when it inits. It doesn't go back and read them if you change them after it inits. Or am I not understanding what you are trying to do?

4. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Ah, OK. So I could go about reloading the flash object only when the checkbox state is changed?

5. digitalpoint

Not sure, never tried it... if that's what you need to do, you could try I suppose.

6. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Any pointers on how to go about it?

7. digitalpoint

No idea... Never tried to do something like that before, sorry...

8. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

No, issues.

9. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

I was able to reload the button with the new parameters for SWFUlpoad (The flash based upload that XF uses), however unlike normal SWFUpload, here the parameters are passed as span attributes, so anyone know how to send these as parameters for the button.

10. Syndol

Syndol Guest

What's the importance of using the button? Why can't you just use the form?

11. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

What form?

12. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

The motive is to pass an additional parameter to the attachment uploader however this additional parameter may be toggled by the user at the time of the attachment.

13. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Ah, I misunderstood you.
    I tried what you described and could not get it to work either. Sorry.

14. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Any suggestions anyone?

15. MOZ

MOZ Well-Known Member

Bump for help.