• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

getting $_GET variables in xenforo

MtoR

Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but you should look into routes stuff
Jaxel made a great tutorials on this subject.

But as I said, this really depends of what you try to achieve.

Clément

Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but you should look into routes stuff
Jaxel made a great tutorials on this subject.

But as I said, this really depends of what you try to achieve.

Clément
i am building a webstats system for a game. a person can seached for other players and display the users stats.. i need to grab the search input params to return the correct user object

MtoR

Then if you are doing a custom file, you need to create the adequate routes.

Anyways, if you have a functionning route, you'd have to use the filterSingle function on the input var ($this->input->filterSingle(....) if you are in a controller) function.

Look in xF files you'll see how it's done.

Clément

Ok I guess this is just really confusing for me. Can you help me get this setup? I can share pastes of whatever relavant code necessary just let me know what to share

I know how to create callback functions etc.. i just asked how to pass $_get variables into the functions and how that works. Directing me to 'tutorials' isnt really helping since I could have found them on my own. I was asking if ANYONE would be kind enough to help me understand how to do it rather than just doing the simple and pointing me to a tutorials section that isnt even specific.

MtoR

I might not have understand your request.

What do you call a callback function ? An action ?

Or a callback called from templates ?

I have a custom page node that is setup with a php callback that just displays a massive table of data... i want to ADD a search form to the page in which when submitted, submit the function with the $_GET variable so it will return stats for that specific player they searched for.. i mean its super simple with php ive done it a hundreds times.. example here: http://maplecraftmc.com/player.php?player_id=32 its just this xenforo crap throws me for a loop every time..

there's nothing wrong.. the personal stats page doesnt even exist yet.. I just know there are technically 2 ways to pass php to a page right? the php callback page on the page node, and then you can call php functions within template which I have played with a bit.. I just dont know how to actually pass $_get parameters into those functions! Also, can you explain the difference of setting of your page via the php callback tab in the pagenode settings or just using a template and calling php functions with like: <xen:callback class="HomePage_Status_Callback" method="getIP"></xen:callback>

MtoR

It's still unclear what you exactly try to achieve.

If you have a custom page, then you can add the form to your code ?
Or are you trying to do the form retrieval once posted ?

lol jesus. what is unclear about 'i want to pass $_get parameters into a php function with xenforo...' that to me, is as descriptive as it gets.

edit: Im trying to submit the form to a different page which will load a function using the damn $_GET parameters lol.. its not complicated i jsut dont know how to do it in xenforo

MtoR

What is unclear is how you call that function.

If your function is a php callback you set when creating the custom page node, you have access to all page controller variables (see XenForo_ControllerPublic_Page actionIndex()).
PHP:
call_user_func_array(array($page['callback_class'], $page['callback_method']), array($this, &$response));
Then as you have access to $this (the controller), you can use the input filter to retrieve the stuff which is in your $_GET, either using filterSingle (STRING being one of the possible types for XenForo_Input) :
PHP:
$this->_input->filterSingle('some_variable_name', XenForo_Input::STRING);
or the array method :
PHP:
          $inputData = $this->_input->filter(array(
                        "first_name"        => XenForo_Input::STRING,
                        "last_name"         => XenForo_Input::STRING,
                        "phone"             => XenForo_Input::STRING,
                        "address"           => XenForo_Input::STRING,
                        "additional_info"   => XenForo_Input::STRING
                    ));

I dont do any of that.. This is like beyond me id say.. ill show you what i have

PHP:
<?php
class Leaderboards_GlobalList_Callback
{
    private static $leaders = Array();
    private static $output;

private static function get_GlobalList()
    {
        $global_list = new Leaderboards_GlobalList_Query();
        self::$leaders = $global_list->get_GlobalList();
        unset($global_list);
    }

private static function format_GlobalList()
    {
        self::$output = "";
        if(is_array(self::$leaders) && count(self::$leaders) > 0)   
        {
            foreach (self::$leaders as $leader) 
            {
                self::$output .= '<tr>';   
                self::$output .= '<td width="150">' . $leader['name'] . '</td>';
                self::$output .= '<td width="70">' . $leader['pvp_kills'] . '</td>';
                self::$output .= '<td width="70">' . $leader['pvp_deaths'] . '</td>';
                self::$output .= '<td width="70">' . $leader['current_streak'] . '</td>';
                self::$output .= '<td width="70">' . $leader['max_streak'] . '</td>';
                self::$output .= '</tr>';
            }
        }
        else
        {
            // if some reason the query didn't work output a message to user
            self::$output = "<li> No members found </li>";
        }
        self::$output = '<table id="stats_table"><tr><th>Name</th><th>Kills</th><th>Deaths</th><th>Current Streak</th><th>Best Streak</th></tr>' . self::$output . '</table>';
    }

/**
    * Get the Members by user groups and return the values back to the template
    * @param XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract $controller
    * @param XenForo_ControllerResponse_Abstract $response
    */
    public static function respond(XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract $controller, XenForo_ControllerResponse_Abstract &$response)
    {
        self::get_GlobalList();
        self::format_GlobalList();
        $response->templateName = "test";        //name of the template to use
        $response->params['output'] = self::$output;        //html text to insert into the template
    }
}
?>

MtoR

So you don't use Node page PHP callback ? But callback inside templates ? (if I know get you from few posts ago)

If so I am not sure that you have access to input stuff.
Or perhaps by creating an instance of xF input handler, but I am not sure, that goes beyond what I know on xF.

I would personnally have gone the Node page PHP callback way.

I use the node php Callback for this page. This is the callback class that I inserted into the php node callback tab. Basically I just need to pass parameters into the creation of this class object so I can query the database for the searched player. If that makes any more sense I hope

MtoR

Oh damn yes... I am stupid...

You can get the info in the respond function.

This should work, with some_variable_name the name of the url token you are trying to retrieve :
PHP:
$yourVarRetrieved = $controller->_input->filterSingle('some_variable_name', XenForo_Input::STRING);