XF 2.2 Generating a new database/installation.

Sprisa

Hello! As you may have heard, something bad happened to my forum (rip database), is there a way to regenerate the database or something, or should I just make a new installation, however I want to still have the plugins/modules and code edits there, what should I do?

Without having access to your system, and knowing what activities occurred to "damage" the database, nobody can giv eyou a definitive answer on the recovery possibilities.

If your DB is actually pranged (no hope of recovery) then your only option is to start off fresh.... that means a clean install and then adding any add-ons in that you require. Simply copying your current forum structure into a new install won't cut it, as the add-ons will need to be installed fresh since their necessary DB entries are not present...so why not start out that way, with a virgin install?

Without having access to your system, and knowing what activities occurred to "damage" the database, nobody can giv eyou a definitive answer on the recovery possibilities.

If your DB is actually pranged (no hope of recovery) then your only option is to start off fresh.... that means a clean install and then adding any add-ons in that you require. Simply copying your current forum structure into a new install won't cut it, as the add-ons will need to be installed fresh since their necessary DB entries are not present...so why not start out that way, with a virgin install?
virgin forum
now i also have to go trough the pain of implementing forums and descriptions for them, roles and more

Top Bottom