1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General Pre-Sale Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by NDS410, Jun 30, 2013.

1. NDS410

NDS410 Member

Hi Team.

Have been looking over the feature lists and have nearly decided on a purchase, there is just one thing I had to ask before comitting to a purchase.

Is there any portal add-on releases that can act as a main website page? I mean having the portal page available at say www.domain.com and then the forums located in a different subdirectory www.domain.com/forums

I have had vBulletin previously and have had the same setup as outlined above, using vBAdvanced CMPS.

Cheers,
    Nick

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There are several portal add-ons for XenForo. You may use a bridge with Wordpress to accomplish different directory structure. However, you may find it is unneeded.

3. Ernest L. Defoe

Ernest L. Defoe Well-Known Member

Hello @NDS410,

There are several portal addons available for xenForo such as xenPorta which seems to be the most popular one. There are others such as Simple Portal, Poor Man's Portal, and Widget Portal. I happen to use xenPorta one my main site located here, and my other site I use a Wordpress/xF bridge that site is located here.

I find xenPorta to be just about the perfect fit for most sites as for a portal it's pretty good at what it does. So as you can see there are several options and you won't regret your purchase of xF as it is the best forum community software on the market.

Russ likes this.
  4. NDS410

NDS410 Member

Thanks for the reply guys. Sounds awesome, will definitely be purchasing.
    Especially with the peace of mind that the responses on the forums are so quick too!!!

5. Ernest L. Defoe

With xenPorta you can make it act as your "main" "home" page and in the settings you can set it that the forums act as "forums" "community" basically anything you wish.

6. NDS410

NDS410 Member

Absolute legend!

Thanks again - will head off and spend some $$ now :)

7. Ernest L. Defoe

It will be the best decision you can make for you and your community.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the community. :) You made the right choice in XenForo.

Ernest L. Defoe likes this.
  9. NDS410

NDS410 Member

Done and done and thanks again guys for your help and quick responses.
    Can't wait to maintain active membership here also!!!

10. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Don't forget to link your forum name. That will allow you access to the resources and other support areas.