GeezeZone - The Repository of the Retro.

Is "Geeze" short for "Geezer" (as in 'Old Geezer') or is it a alternate for "Jeez" or something else? 🤔
You hit the nail on the head. Geeze is meant to be like "Geezer" but I constantly use the term "Geeze" with family so that's what I went with.

I see a thread in the screenshot asking for Discord integration. I want to warn you, having a Discord for your community is going to suck the life out of your forums because people will hang around in chat instead of posting on your forum. My roleplaying community, for example, has lost almost all of our non-roleplaying thread posting activity due to the general discussion type topics being posted in Discord. Also remember that while you have control over your data on your forum, Discord has control of it on Discord and you can't easily port it elsewhere if Discord decides to close, etc like you can with a forum database.

Thanks for the advice! I'm well aware of the adverse affects of putting any kind of chat function in a forum so I tried to mitigate this by having only 3 channels and mainly having it serve as a notification hub of sorts. Hilariously the server has been less active than the forum.

Top Bottom