Enhanced GDPR for XenForo 1 [Deleted]

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Slavik submitted a new resource:

GDPR for XenForo 1 - Website assessment + Enhanced GDPR Compliance Tools

This addon + service is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It addresses the export of personal data outside the EU. The GDPR aims primarily to give control back to citizens and residents over their personal data and to simplify the regulatory environment for international business by unifying the regulation within the EU. This will...

Read more about this resource...

To re-iterate a key point. Most sites will be fully compliant with the in built XenForo tools. If you are unsure as to if you need this, please feel free to start a conversation and I can ask a few key questions (Free, obviously) regarding your site to let you know if you should look further into this.

Thanks!

2) An addon to enhance aspects of GDPR compliance. While XenForo 1 and XenForo 2 both are compliant with the inbuilt functionalities provided, the addon will improve on some areas to give added peace of mind for the site owner.
Could you please explain this? What functionality is included?

Could you please explain this? What functionality is included?

As Steve mentioned.

Explicit consent logging, information for the end users on what it means for them, and site specific information drawn from the service provided in 1).

As a site owner in the US I was aware of the GDPR rules coming in but didn't know how they might effect me or what I needed to do to. Jon looked over my site and advised me on specific parts that we need to work towards so we can get them sorted for the deadline. Well worth spending the small amount to have someone do the heavy lifting for us rather than try and work it all out myself.

Thanks Slavik!

RD

How come that the XF1 Version is 100.00 USD higher in costs than the XF2 version and what if I would only need the add-on functionality but no consultation?

Actually they don’t, hence me asking.

“Removed service fee” implies you no longer charge for the service.

I’m assuming that’s not the case and instead the “mandatory” service is now “optional” (for a fee)?

Actually they don’t, hence me asking.

“Removed service fee” implies you no longer charge for the service.

I’m assuming that’s not the case and instead the “mandatory” service is now “optional” (for a fee)?

Correct.

As a site owner in the US I was aware of the GDPR rules coming in but didn't know how they might effect me or what I needed to do to. Jon looked over my site and advised me on specific parts that we need to work towards so we can get them sorted for the deadline. Well worth spending the small amount to have someone do the heavy lifting for us rather than try and work it all out myself.

Thanks Slavik!

RD

what are the potential consequences for a US based site though? How can the EU enforce anything against a US based site ?

what are the potential consequences for a US based site though? How can the EU enforce anything against a US based site ?

Realistically, not much would ever come from it, if anything. But who knows, until some stiff in an EU office decides he doesn't like your site and decides to find out, its all a bit of a guessing game.

Realistically, not much would ever come from it, if anything. But who knows, until some stiff in an EU office decides he doesn't like your site and decides to find out, its all a bit of a guessing game.

What I've read is basically if your a us based site your not really subject to the rules unless your targeting a eu country. (ie, you have a french language version of your us based site)

Feature request: make it optional to show the Site Terms with this addon.

My Terms are long, are applicable for members rather than guests, and they make the page very long.

I'd like to show just the GDPR Information and the Marketing Information with this addon.

Nevermind, I like it as is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom