Add-on Gauging interest in some addons

What might you be interested in?

• Total voters

Luke F

Please pick the addon(s) you might be interested in on the poll :)

Anonymous section:
Creates a forum section where all users are completely anonymous, complete with lightweight styling (just posts, no user info block, signature, etc.) and handling for pretty much all systems in xenforo that could break the anonymity. Names are generated by a hashing algorithm on-the-fly (no extra database storage required) that produces pronounceable-ish names and can be configured to vary on every post, or per-user-per-thread.
Already developed, needs light tidying for a (probably) free release.

Post flags:
Display the browser, OS and/or geoip country a user is posting from in the form of tiny icons in the corner of the user info block on posts.
Just an idea currently, would likely be a paid mod.

Gameserver status widget:
Using a number of libraries, displays server hostname and player count for a wide variety of gameservers along with steam join link and easy-to-copy ip. This appears in the homepage sidebar and may support the widget framework addon.
Already developed and running on my live site, needs major rewrite for a (probably) paid release.

Mumble widget:
Displays live tree of users in a Mumble VoIP server. Hides unpopulated channels to reduce clutter and has full support for channel and user comments, and muted/deafened status. This appears in the homepage sidebar and may support the widget framework addon.
Already developed and running on my live site, needs some tweaks for a (probably) paid release.

I'd be interested in the Anonymous modification.... Was thinking of coding something like this myself, but if you can freely release it... I'd be very thankful

The flag modification maybe of interest to me as well. And I could see myself purchasing this.... Although I would very much like it if you could accept something other than paypal (anything, you're choice)

I'm not exactly sure if I understand the mumble modification... Would have to see this in a demo to understand (saw it on your site and still didn't really get it).

Not sure about the rest Darkimmortal, but I think you could probably generate some serious interest and purchases if you created some add-ons for your Taigachat add-on.

Numerous requests for abilty to hinder a person from chatting and here and here and here, some sort of remove all shouts option and here and here, a sticky or announcement area and here and here, ability to ignore users, a type of shout PM system.

Your TaigaChat has been downloaded 325+ times. I realize you have stated you don't want it as a IRC type thing. Which I why I suggested having "Add-Ons" for it. Personally, I would likely buy all add-ons for it, there is so much more I feel like it can do, and would really enhance our site. I have had to resort to using TMS to keep a Announcement thing going right now, which isn't fun, but it works....

I think you should consider this, or continuing to develop this. TaigaChat is one of, if not the, most popular add-on here. I seriously think you would see immediate returns. It hasn't been talked about in the thread there, I think mostly in part because everyone is assuming development is done.

Just my $0.02 (y):)

Not sure about the rest Darkimmortal, but I think you could probably generate some serious interest and purchases if you created some add-ons for your Taigachat add-on.

Numerous requests for abilty to hinder a person from chatting and here and here and here, some sort of remove all shouts option and here and here, a sticky or announcement area and here and here, ability to ignore users, a type of shout PM system.

Your TaigaChat has been downloaded 325+ times. I realize you have stated you don't want it as a IRC type thing. Which I why I suggested having "Add-Ons" for it. Personally, I would likely buy all add-ons for it, there is so much more I feel like it can do, and would really enhance our site. I have had to resort to using TMS to keep a Announcement thing going right now, which isn't fun, but it works....

I think you should consider this, or continuing to develop this. TaigaChat is one of, if not the, most popular add-on here. I seriously think you would see immediate returns. It hasn't been talked about in the thread there, I think mostly in part because everyone is assuming development is done.

Just my $0.02 (y):)

I've been thinking of making a 'pro' version of taigachat for a while now featuring pretty much all those things, plus I was thinking of possibly making a node.js based server for true realtime chat and to reduce resource consumption :)

Post flags is the best I see here. I could really use that one for my niche.

Also Darkimmortal...if you pro taiga chat and update it with more features you would definitely have a customer in me. My guys love Taiga Chat right now, we'd definitely upgrade (plus I really need that reducing resource consumption one cause Taiga chat is dead slow for some guys for some reason).

Post flags is the best I see here. I could really use that one for my niche.

Also Darkimmortal...if you pro taiga chat and update it with more features you would definitely have a customer in me. My guys love Taiga Chat right now, we'd definitely upgrade (plus I really need that reducing resource consumption one cause Taiga chat is dead slow for some guys for some reason).

I will go for it as well ! It gets pretty slow at times but so far my members are loving it . Taigachat is driving lot of registrations as well lately in last few weeks .

DI, if you are still undecided, you may want to code something for the organization of the smilies :)

Lots of likes on our thread and there were lots of folks using the "happy place" add-on early on. Should be a popular one and you can undoubtedly lay claim to the 'post images champion' :D

POST FLAGS, POST FLAGS, HOW THE HELL IS POST FLAGS NOT WINNING????

If you want Anonymous go to 4chan! Anonymous posts will have to be moderated due to people posting personal information or not safe for work stuff and you won't even know who's doing it.

Reactions: Cal
DI, if you are still undecided, you may want to code something for the organization of the smilies :)

Lots of likes on our thread and there were lots of folks using the "happy place" add-on early on. Should be a popular one and you can undoubtedly lay claim to the 'post images champion' :D

I agree, build something that poses a challenge. Anything smiley related such as categories, organization will get a purchase from me and alot of people here.

Definitely needed, and would probably be a big seller.

POST FLAGS, POST FLAGS, HOW THE HELL IS POST FLAGS NOT WINNING????

If you want Anonymous go to 4chan! Anonymous posts will have to be moderated due to people posting personal information or not safe for work stuff and you won't even know who's doing it.

I agree. It would be a spam fest. Especially in my niche....I can imagine the angry, profanity laced tirades now - debaters get damn defensive.

I agree. It would be a spam fest. Especially in my niche....I can imagine the angry, profanity laced tirades now - debaters get damn defensive.
I knoowwww i get random trolls so that would be a bad idea for my site, even worse for yours because politics brings out the ugliness in people. All you gotta do is peruse the off topic section of xenforo forums for politics threads and you'll see people getting angry and calling each other names. Being anonymous is an excuse for cowards to talk sh!t.

Reactions: Cal
Top Bottom