1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Window

Discussion in 'Forum Showcase and Critiques' started by damowhite666, Feb 8, 2013.

1. damowhite666

damowhite666 Active Member

2. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

Really neat and friendly gaming forum. Highly recommend it. :)
    damowhite666 likes this.
  3. Robert F Schmitz

Robert F Schmitz Well-Known Member

Great logo idea!
    damowhite666 likes this.
  4. damowhite666

Rate my forum out of 10 ? I've not really had much feedback so anything would do (y)
  5. DaiAku

DaiAku Active Member

Seems really slick to me! 9/10!
    damowhite666 likes this.
  6. damowhite666

Anything to improve ? It's been online for a few months can't seem to attract anyone xD
  7. DaiAku

DaiAku Active Member

I'm pretty new to this myself so I don't feel comfortable saying. I would recommend asking some of the more experienced people through convos. They would have a better idea. Sorry wish I could help more.
    damowhite666 likes this.
  8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

The theme is too basic for me. I'm really OCD about forum design so any sort of theme I don't like will turn me off. That one does it. Hate the header honestly and the logo is really bland. It doesn't make very good use of space especially for people like me with a larger screen. My screen is a 24inch HDTV.

Other than that it's alright. You have all the basics. You have 119 members and I see a good number of actives which sets you apart from many other forums. You have a leg up on them.

Gaming is a very over saturated niche and your site is PR0. Forum wise you are fine (if you are happy with the theme) but SEO wise you have a long way to go. You need to be building backlinks and getting your site out there.

Another problem I see is the front page. You post every so often and it's just a sentence or two. How are you different from the THOUSANDS of other gaming forums? I see nothing on your forum that would attract me to your site over any other forum. You need to be thinking out of the box and give something that will bring people in. Supply and demand. Review new games in detail, write articles, blog, do what you have to do to get some content.
    damowhite666 likes this.
  9. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

very neat .. wondering how did u give that look to the slider of xenporta? new version may be?
  10. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

The slider looks nice.
    damowhite666 likes this.
  11. damowhite666

It's a new slider within Xenporta
  12. abdfahim

abdfahim Active Member

hmmm ... guessed ... gonna install the new version only for this slider ... hopefully it will not collide again with my installation of xfarcade (this two friends have long history of colliding with each other ;) )
    damowhite666 likes this.
  13. Xyphien

Xyphien Active Member

I personally think the theme could be improved for a gaming site. It's a good theme, but a bit over used, though you changed it up with customization I personally thing with a better theme it will be amazing. I love the concept behind it, you have some great addons that makes it a step up over the mass amount of other gaming forums, so you have a good base there. I say around 7/10.
    damowhite666 likes this.
  14. damowhite666

• Added a Minecraft Server
    Now up to
    • Discussions - 277
    • Messages - 1,926
    • Members - 134
  15. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Yo, this forum looks bloody amazing! Are you the creator of this Style? If so, please PM me dude
  16. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

No, that's a style called Flexile Dark. It's free to download here on Xenforo.com in the resource manager. :)

you can download it here. :)
  17. BlackCobra

BlackCobra Member

Sweet, thanks, I'm surely gonna join your forum soon, looks amazing.
  18. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo Active Member

No problem. :)
  19. damowhite666

Hello guys!

I need some help...

We haven't seen any new sign ups in ages! We've been going since November 2012..

Someone give us some pointers ? I don't know what we're doing wrong.. Cheers :)
  20. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of overly dark themes, so that's a no go for me, but otherwise a nice topic list! good job damon.
    damowhite666 likes this.