Galaxy S7 Released

If I hadn't of been burned so many times by the crappy radios in the Samsung's I've owned, I might be interested in trying one - but after being burnt 3 times I dont' think I'll try for a 4th.

Everyone I know with a Samsung phone has issues with it... they are bloated, sluggish and just dont work right. But they refuse to admit that its because they keep buying Samsung.

Nexus or nothin`

Everyone I know with a Samsung phone has issues with it... they are bloated, sluggish and just dont work right. But they refuse to admit that its because they keep buying Samsung.
Some folks like all those little features/tweaks that Samsung shoves into the OS... same way with the HTC M9. My son loves his and you couldn't give him an Galaxy (I know, I tried since I purchase the phones for him).
Nexus or nothin`
You seen the Motorola X Pure? I'd be sorely tempted to get one of them as I've had REALLY good luck with the radios in all my Motorola phones.

I love my S4, will not be upgrading, even the S5 was not as nice to use as the S4, and that's now an "old" phone being what 18 months old LOL .

I can't say I really get why people upgrade their phones constantly.

I've got the s5, love it. Had the S3 prior, then the HTC Desire HD prior to that. Skipped the s4 and s6 but might make the jump to the s7! I can't say I've ever had issues with my Samsung phones in terms of sluggishness or performance degradation... Perhaps I'm just lucky or a little more patient than most.

Why anyone buys these when brands like Xiaomi and Ulefone exist is beyond me.
Maybe because one of those (at least) is not readily available in the US except for the rare carrier (of which none are authorized resellers) - and even then they don't support the LTE speeds and are the low end versions (Xiaomi) and tend to be targeted towards the Chinese market.

As for the Ulefone... again, not compatible with most US Carriers networks for high speed connectivity.

Maybe because one of those (at least) is not readily available in the US except for the rare carrier (of which none are authorized resellers) - and even then they don't support the LTE speeds and are the low end versions (Xiaomi) and tend to be targeted towards the Chinese market.

As for the Ulefone... again, not compatible with most US Carriers networks for high speed connectivity.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It's a non-issue for me, but a big one for those in the US.
You can buy them easily in the US, though. There are warehouses in LA.

Nexus or nothin`

I'd like to see the proof of this claim. Many of my friends own Samsung phones from s4 to the s6 edge that work without issue. What exactly doesn't work correctly? I'm sure if you pointed out something specific you could find something equally specific with every mobile that's ever been manufactured. Owning many nexus devices myself I like how the Nexus 4 stopped getting updates which is a feature I really like with this phone.

Sure they might be a little bloated, no argument with that. So everyone I know who has samsung phones work great. Alot of my friends who own phones like the iphone are on their 2nd, 3rd screens. I can tell you now the s6 edge is far from being sluggish.

I'm getting a replacement S6 right now as my battery holds charge about half the time as it did when it was new. I've had it for 10 months now...

Other than that it's been a good phone. I will say it's not as snappy as it was when new.

I'm getting a replacement S6 right now as my battery holds charge about half the time as it did when it was new. I've had it for 10 months now...

Other than that it's been a good phone. I will say it's not as snappy as it was when new.
That's what I don't like about the newer S-range. No removable battery.

That's what I don't like about the newer S-range. No removable battery.
Pretty much ALL phones are getting to that design philosophy. Why sell a replaceable battery when you can either force
A) User to send phone in for battery replacement at a substantial cost
B) User buys a new phone due to it not holding a charge

My son was complaining about his HTC M8 not lasting through the day any longer - ended up getting him a new M9 and it lasts a substantially longer. The M8 was not quite 2 years old.
The battery can be purchased for $20'ish.. but it's a cast iron witch to get out unless you are good with stuff like that and now that I've gotten older I just don't have the patience to screw with stuff like that.

I've got the s5, love it. Had the S3 prior, then the HTC Desire HD prior to that. Skipped the s4 and s6 but might make the jump to the s7! I can't say I've ever had issues with my Samsung phones in terms of sluggishness or performance degradation... Perhaps I'm just lucky or a little more patient than most.

I've never had a problem either. I had the S2, loved that phone, had it for 18months, got the S3, lent the S2 to my brother, I didn't really like the S3, so asked my bro for my S2 back and he had broke it at work, but didn't tell me (******* lol) Anyway, I got the S4 Oct 2013 and still have it today, never had an issue at all, it's as good as new, I brought a solid protective case, the thing is pretty much bullet proof and the phone is mint, not sluggish or anything, battery still lasts at least 2 days with moderate use, maybe 3-4 days if it's not used much (y)

I think a lot of people think just because their contract expires, their phone will expire at the same time too lmao

Looks like a nifty device. I'm not rushing out to buy one since I have an iPhone 6S+ but I'm not opposed to going down to the mall & fiddling around with the display model. I want to see how "cool" it actually is for myself. :D

Pretty much ALL phones are getting to that design philosophy. Why sell a replaceable battery when you can either force
A) User to send phone in for battery replacement at a substantial cost
B) User buys a new phone due to it not holding a charge

My son was complaining about his HTC M8 not lasting through the day any longer - ended up getting him a new M9 and it lasts a substantially longer. The M8 was not quite 2 years old.
The battery can be purchased for $20'ish.. but it's a cast iron witch to get out unless you are good with stuff like that and now that I've gotten older I just don't have the patience to screw with stuff like that.
I still using Samsung S2 + Mugen 3200mah battery since S2 launch day - using Cyanogen Mod 5.1 and get 2-3 days battery life still :) Replaceable battery FTW

Top Bottom