Galaxy S III or iPhone 4S

Vincent

Hello

Please give your non-makers-whatever-they-did-to-annoy-you pro's and cons for the Galaxy S III and iPhone 4S.

I'm not sure which one to take and I need some outside help :)

Yeah what can i say about it! I would go for a iphone4 because i have bad experience with the S2 with calling.. have also the iphone4 and with calling it sound like crystal clear with others. And on the iphone you have a lot of nice apps but android have it to.But can't help you with the S3.

But i'm in love with my iphone and would never change my phone. So my next phone will be an iphone5!

Yeah what can i say about it! I would go for a iphone4 because i have bad experience with the S2 with calling.. have also the iphone4 and with calling it sound like crystal clear with others. And on the iphone you have a lot of nice apps but android have it to.But can't help you with the S3.

But i'm in love with my iphone and would never change my phone. So my next phone will be an iphone5!

Yeah, to be clear. If I were to buy an iPhone I'd wait 2 months for the "5", "4S+", "New iPhone" or whatever they call it :)

Will get the S III soon as I have the money to buy out my S II supertab contract. Love my S II, and the S III looks awesome. I've never used an iPhone so I can't make comparisons, but my Galaxy loves me, and I just couldn't cheat on her for no reason.

Take the Galaxy. I've had both OS systems and I've had so much more problems with Iphone (my current phone).

The apple app store is full of dumb apps, mostly because 90% of the good ones are blocked by the iron hand of apple. Unless you jail break and have Cydia you are missing out on a lot of good ideas. The screen is amazingly fragile. I never broke a phone screen before until Iphone..and even then I all I did was accidentally drop it on a carpeted floor. I dropped my HTC many times on the street, everywhere, never had a crack. The OS can get sluggish and a lot of people have issues with the physical buttons losing connection or breaking. I have at least 3 different buttons that are no repairable and that's just from normal use.

Android on the other hand offers a very diverse open source app store with a lot of different ideas. The OS is better. It runs better. I found it to be GUI designed better. Also any phone that doesn't seen to be Iphone seems to be far more durable.

Go with the Galaxy. I'm abandoning Iphone for one too as soon as my contract renews this January.

I would hold out to be honest, a few months, then you will be comparing iPhone5 vs. Galaxy IIIs. iPhone5 is expected to have the same new screen size as the Galaxy series, thinner again, faster again... and going on the specs released thus far, it craps all over the Galaxy 3 for performance and enhancements.

I look at phones on longevity, to at least get my monies worth out of them for 2 years.

Take the Galaxy. I've had both OS systems and I've had so much more problems with Iphone (my current phone).

The apple app store is full of dumb apps, mostly because 90% of the good ones are blocked by the iron hand of apple. Unless you jail break and have Cydia you are missing out on a lot of good ideas. The screen is amazingly fragile. I never broke a phone screen before until Iphone..and even then I all I did was accidentally drop it on a carpeted floor. I dropped my HTC many times on the street, everywhere, never had a crack. The OS can get sluggish and a lot of people have issues with the physical buttons losing connection or breaking. I have at least 3 different buttons that are no repairable and that's just from normal use.

Android on the other hand offers a very diverse open source app store with a lot of different ideas. The OS is better. It runs better. I found it to be GUI designed better. Also any phone that doesn't seen to be Iphone seems to be far more durable.

Go with the Galaxy. I'm abandoning Iphone for one too as soon as my contract renews this January.

I disagree that the iPhone screen is "fragile" in any way. I have had many iphones starting with the 3G and never once had a problem with the screen, or the buttons. I am not even close to being safe with my phones and I always tend to drop them which is inevitable. Buy a good case if you have an iPhone, like the LifeProof case that I have. It just survived flying off of my van at 30mph and skidding down the street with no damage to the phone at all, just some scratches on the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Looks like the same material is used for the screens so that should not be a deciding factor imo..

Vinny don't you have a iPad already? I really can't say much about the Galaxy as I have never tried them or even the OS. One thing I do love about Apple is their major iOS updates always bring some really neat things to current and future iPhones and such.

I can't strand those huge boxes that fit around the phones. Otter box, etc. It hardly even fits in the pockets of my scrubs. :-/

I agree, Otter boxes are crap...check out LifeProof.com, streamlined...and made just for pockets :p

And you can swim with your iPhone while listening to music.. ;)

I disagree that the iPhone screen is "fragile" in any way. I have had many iphones starting with the 3G and never once had a problem with the screen, or the buttons. I am not even close to being safe with my phones and I always tend to drop them which is inevitable. Buy a good case if you have an iPhone, like the LifeProof case that I have. It just survived flying off of my van at 30mph and skidding down the street with no damage to the phone at all, just some scratches on the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glass

Looks like the same material is used for the screens so that should not be a deciding factor imo..

Vinny don't you have a iPad already? I really can't say much about the Galaxy as I have never tried them or even the OS. One thing I do love about Apple is their major iOS updates always bring some really neat things to current and future iPhones and such.

Yep, I have an iPad and an iPod Touch. That's why I was 60% sure about buying an iPhone 5, I just am not convinced enough and I hope that when the iPhone 5 is released, my doubt is gone :)

If that is really true, that van speedy thing, that gives me an extra 10% for the iPhone :D

And I want something streamlined as case too :)

Thank you for your well argumented and "seen from both points of view" criticism ;)

Yep, I have an iPad and an iPod Touch. That's why I was 60% sure about buying an iPhone 5, I just am not convinced enough and I hope that when the iPhone 5 is released, my doubt is gone :)

If that is really true, that van speedy thing, that gives me an extra 10% for the iPhone :D

And I want something streamlined as case too :)

Thank you for your well argumented and "seen from both points of view" criticism ;)
I love samsung phones.

BUT

There's some games I want to play that are only available on iOS. :(

I love samsung phones.

BUT

There's some games I want to play that are only available on iOS. :(

True, I enjoy that Sonic 1, 2, and 3 are on Iphone. I don't think Sega ported them to Android did they? Doom is on iphone too.

All awesome games to play while your playing sit and wait at work or in some other military office. Like Finance (some one save me). :censored:

True, I enjoy that Sonic 1, 2, and 3 are on Iphone. I don't think Sega ported them to Android did they? Doom is on iphone too.

All awesome games to play while your playing sit and wait at work or in some other military office. Like Finance (some one save me). :censored:
I have Sonic 4 on my Samsung Infuse but I would love to play the classics. Guess I got to look for a sega genesis emulator.

Do you hook up an optional controller or do you play it with normal touch screen controls?

I've used a wiimote with it (built in support) and I think it also supports PS3 controllers but not sure

The onscreen controls are also pretty much as good and configurable as they come

I've used a wiimote with it (built in support) and I think it also supports PS3 controllers but not sure

The onscreen controls are also pretty much as good and configurable as they come
Ah snap! I have a wii controller, ps3 and 360 controller. Sounds like a plan.

Top Bottom