Future Fix Thread

Gabby

Hello
I"ve noticed quite a few future fixes and wondering if that means soon or with the next major release?

Thanks

Gabby

Last release http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-1-2-released.27329/
A few months ago, so it's reasonable to expect another maintenance release soon, or at the least a development update regarding 1.2 or higher.

The last development update was in January, since it's a new quarter it would be nice if we get another one soon.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update.25726/

One of the two developers hasn't been active in months due to personal reasons, more here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hello-again.30309/

ok so all and all, xenforo is pretty reliable? Not gonna close anytime soon? How long have they been in business and why haven't I heard about them until today. LOL Of course while looking for a stupid Vb skin when I found xenforo. LOL

They announced their new company and product 12+ months after leaving their old vBulletin job.
And have worked on alpha, public and stable builds. And is currently at 1.1.2.

Reliable is tough, vBulletin filed two lawsuits against them a day before XenForo went on sale just to financially drain and do a bit of corporate bullying. There's no outcome in either case at this point so it could go either way. It didn't stop this community to grow over a quarter million posts within a year with many thousands of registered users.

I am convinced enough about how others practice their business (morally or financially) that I am only running XenForo as BBS solution for communities of myself and my friends.

They got my money the minute it was on sale.

Thank so much Floris. My experience with VB has been interesting. I didn't realize how much of a headache VB was until I found this place. I think I'm going to sue THEM for my Advil expenses. LOL I didn't know they were past vb employees but I did learn there was some copyright issue. This software doesn't even remotely resemble VB so what the hell is VB's problem? The arrogance of that company is something else. Their support community has this same arrogance too with the same VB Hags we see everywhere online. I can name most of them. LOL I'm soooo sick to death of VB I could scream. Their product is so overloaded it took me over a year to feel comfortable with it vs five minutes with xenforo. Go figure? Xenforo is far more intuitive to say the least. And if you ask a question in the forum, soemtimes it's like walking on eggshells. Plus I've been scammed by some of their regulars and they do NOTHING about it except let them keep selling their services. Wierd.

From what I've seen so far, the only real thing xenforo is lacking is CMS standard, but I do see an add on for this. I've been searching and searching for months for an answer to VB. So where is a button so I can donate to their legal fund? Urggg.

The copyright claims are in my personal opinion ridiculous.
Both the source code for XenForo and vBulletin version 3 and version 4 are visible source.
Everybody can look at it and realize that XenForo is written from scratch.

You can support their income by simply buying a license you maybe not even use. Or perhaps purchase branding free options or purchase a service and then not use it (such as upgrade, or a $40/year support renewal).

The copyright claims are in my personal opinion ridiculous.
Both the source code for XenForo and vBulletin version 3 and version 4 are visible source.
Everybody can look at it and realize that XenForo is written from scratch.
Not just that, but it's also written on the Zend framework (which vBulletin is not) with a very object-oriented approach (which vBulletin is also not). vBulletin was great for a while, but its codebase has become really stale, and in desperate need of a recode. Were I a XenForo dev, I think I'd actually be insulted that they were even compared. Besides all that though, vBulletin's parent company (whomever it became after Internet Brands) made the claim and filed the suit a day before any code was released to the public. They didn't even know what was in XenForo; I think this is all just corporate bullying. With any luck, the case will be thrown out.

And I don't know the laws in the U.K. but generally, in the US, if a case made was clearly frivolous, you can petition the judge to have the offending party pay all or part of your court costs for causing the trouble in the first place. I think it's pretty terrible that Kier, Mike, and Ashley don't even have anything to show for all the hard work they've done.

Top Bottom