1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Function Override

Discussion in 'XenForo Development Discussions' started by Syndol, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Syndol

Syndol Guest

I understand how to to override a function that resides in a file in the ControllerPublic folder, but am not sure how to do the same for a function in ViewPublic/Helper/Node.php

Thank you.

2. dmnkhhn

dmnkhhn Active Member

Does that answer your question?

MyAddon/ViewPublic/Helper/Bla.php
    PHP:
    class MyAddon_ViewPublic_Helper_Bla extends XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Alert
    {
        public function 
    myFunction()
        {
        }
    }

3. Syndol

Syndol Guest

I have tried that but unless I am doing something wrong it does not work.
    As for even listener, do I use load_class_controller for this? I have tried load_class_view just in case but no luck either.

4. ragtek

ragtek Guest

Shouldn't it be
    PHP:
    [/COLOR]
    [
    COLOR=rgb(000)]class MyAddon_ViewPublic_Helper_Bla extends XFCP_MyAddon....[/COLOR]
    [
    COLOR=rgb(000)]

load_class_controller
    [/php]

5. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Tried that too. Still no go :(

6. Indigo

Indigo Active Member

It doesn't look like this is currently possible. None of the calls are using any kind of dynamic class loading, it's just hardcoding XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Node::functionName(...).

However, for now, you should be able to override XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_View, XenForo_ViewPublic_Forum_List, and XenForo_ViewPublic_Category_View using the load_class_view event listener. In those three, just replace renderHtml() to use your helper instead of the default one.

7. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Indigo, thank you very very much. I can now at least work with that :)

Edit:
    Some functions must still be hard coded as they are not accessible to be overridden.