Full Preview of Theme for XenForo

holder10

Hi,

I already teased it a bit, but I now wanted to share a full screenshot of my first XenForo theme with you. My main goal with the theme was to be both clear and clean, as the default theme is. But at the same time, I wanted to be more simple, offer more contrast and tried to get away from the standard blue color that's used in XenForo. I think I achieved all that quite well.

XenYelight.webp

Browser-Preview
http://go.prevue.it/public/u78u/(Please keep in mind that this version is far away from being coded - it's more like a mockup that will end up being coded after XenForo is released.)

Obviously, if you have any feedback, any suggestion, I would be uber-happy to hear them. After all, I'm creating this theme for you guys. Currently, I am planning to sell the theme (see the link in my signature) for about 50$ - the exact price will depend on XenForo itself. What do you think about that?

As much isn't known about the styling system yet, it's possible that some of the shown things aren't going to be implemented. Plus, this is still in very early stages, so a few things will probably change till the final version anyway.

I'll keep you updated as I make more progress with the theme. :)

Cheers,
holder10

PS: I think the full screenshot fits better here, so I created a new thread. I'll ask a mod to close the other thread.

PPS: The theme currently uses icons from “Project Icons” by Mihaiciuc Bogdan.

Nice theme but too much money. The average and standard price on themes that are pay for Vbulletin, IPB, and others is between $15-$25. At $50 I all but guarantee sales will be minimal especially since there will be competition that will easily be around the $25 mark and skins from them that may be even better. Price it more reasonably and you'll likely get many more sales. At $50 people would also start expecting more.

$25 to me sounds a bit more reasonable. :)

Nice theme but too much money. The average and standard price on themes that are pay for Vbulletin, IPB, and others is between $15-$25. At $50 I all but guarantee sales will be minimal especially since there will be competition that will easily be around the $25 mark and skins from them that may be even better. Price it more reasonably and you'll likely get many more sales. At $50 people would also start expecting more.

$25 to me sounds a bit more reasonable. :)
Only way I could see it being $50 is if it was brand-free, which would make sense.

Hi everyone,

thanks a lot for the awesome feedback. :)

I have to say the orange is not my thing and i'd not pay for it either but i'm sure you will still have a market for it :)
As I said, there will likely be multiple color variations as one color never suits every forum. Can you explain why you wouldn't pay for the theme so that I can improve?

I'd like to see other themes, with template edits, more customization etc.!
Yeah, I think there is quite a bit of room still left, that's true. But I think it's better to start simple as we haven't even seen the template system of XenForo yet.

I like the header, but not much else unfortunately. I think you're going to have a really hard time selling this for $50. :)
Thanks for the feedback, could you explain what specifically you don't like about the theme?

He is logged in as Ashley - nice :D
Haha, yes - that's actually just because I am about the only person with an avatar that isn't square, so I chose someone with a nice fitting image as an example. :) *hopesashleyisntmad*

Only way I could see it being $50 is if it was brand-free, which would make sense.
I'm considering this, thanks a lot for the suggestion. :)

This skin is nice, but too simple. I don't want to pay for a work that can be done by me...In vb.org you can see more customized/professional skins for free.
Thanks for the honest feedback. I wouldn't exactly equate customized with professional though. To be honest, I have only seen a handful vBulletin themes that I would consider "professional". Other than that, there are comparatively many themes that only changed the color of the default theme available for vBulletin.

I get your feedback of the theme being too simple, too less customized for some needs though. I'll definitely consider all of this when making the next theme. :)

Thanks a lot and Cheers,
holder10

Thanks for the feedback, could you explain what specifically you don't like about the theme?
Sure. :) I find many areas other than the header are too washed out and hard to read. For example, there's not enough contrast in the breadcrumb and it's hard to read at a glance. Same thing for the forum listings. The forum name font is too big, and the non-new forums font doesn't have enough contrast IMO. The entire forum display feels cramped and doesn't appeal to me. There's probably something else, but I don't know what it is and overall I just don't like it that much. :)

Hi,

Interesting theme. Only the gray background and fonts unpleasant..
Sure. :) I find many areas other than the header are too washed out and hard to read. For example, there's not enough contrast in the breadcrumb and it's hard to read at a glance. Same thing for the forum listings. The forum name font is too big, and the non-new forums font doesn't have enough contrast IMO. The entire forum display feels cramped and doesn't appeal to me. There's probably something else, but I don't know what it is and overall I just don't like it that much. :)

Thanks for the feedback, that definitely helps improving the theme! :)

Didn't you design a theme for IPB's 3.0 skin contest and then you spent like a year trying to get someone to code it for you?
Yes and I am aware that this didn't exactly make a good first impression. It was released as a free theme though and I will definitely try to make up for it with XenForo. :)

holder10

Top Bottom