Full Friendly URLs stopped working after Fresh install

iTuN3r

Had to clean up everything and do fresh install on my test board ....Full Friendly URLs is not working after installing . I am getting such errors even for Pop up boxes when friendly url is enabled .
The following error occurred:

Not Found

The requested URL /account/alerts-popup was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Everything is working fine when friendly url's are disabled. what could be the reason ? i checked htaccess file too everything seems to be fine.

Can you download the .htaccess file from the server forum directory and post the contents here?

If everything works with friendly URLs disabled then it's usually an .htaccess related issue.

# Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
# cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
# SecFilterEngine Off
# SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On

# If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
# line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
# of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
#RewriteBase /xenforo

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]

</IfModule>

I have xen Portal installed and somehow with Friendly URL's only portal page loads any other links are not working here's error when i click forum

The requested URL /forum/ was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hey, I have the same issue. Did you re-upload all the XenForo files in the upgrade package or did you download the full package again? Just wondering as hoping to do this tomorrow. Thanks :).

Ive been having similar isssues and managed to solve some of them by reuploading the full package, but I still have this problem:

In Firefox:
www.mysite.com - If you click on "forum" from the portal page, it just reloads the portal page, however if you goto http://mysite.com it loads the forum page fine.

In IE and Chrome it works fine either using www. or without the www.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Ive been having similar isssues and managed to solve some of them by reuploading the full package, but I still have this problem:

In Firefox:
www.mysite.com - If you click on "forum" from the portal page, it just reloads the portal page, however if you goto http://mysite.com it loads the forum page fine.

In IE and Chrome it works fine either using www. or without the www.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

I need to see your site to test the problem.

Inconsistent links can cause problems. I recommend enforcing just one subdomain ("www" or not). See #2:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keep-logging-out-of-xf-with-chrome.22968/#post-286837

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the reply.

After days of trying to get this sorted, I finally found out what the problem was! I needed to clear my cache in FF. Since doing that its been working fine!

I seem to be having the same issue again with another installation of Xenporta.

If I have friendly urls enabled, it only redirects to the portal page. If I disable friendly urls, it seems to work fine!

I have tried reuploading all the Xenforo files and also deleteing my cache, but not luck.

As I have IPB redirect in my htaccess, could that have anything to do with it?

HTML:
#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.
    #RewriteBase /ip.board

# IPS Rewrite Rules
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} /(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (^|&)show(topic|forum|user)= [OR]
    RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^/(topic|forum|user)/ [OR]
    RewriteCond %{PATH_INFO} ^/(topic|forum|user)/
    RewriteRule ^.*$ ips2xf.php [NC,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d   
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]

RewriteRule ^(data|js|styles|install) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

Those IPB redirects should be fine.

404 friendly URLs usually means one of two things:

1) Your server doesn't have mod_rewrite installed.

2) Your server doesn't have AllowOverride enabled:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#allowoverride

edit... three things:

3) The .htaccess file is not in place in your forum directory.

edit... no wait, four:

4) Sometimes you need to specify RewriteBase in your .htaccess file (specify the name of your forum directory):

Code:
RewriteBase /xenforo

Hi,

I just installed Xenforo on my forum https://thedarkwebforum.com, but I am facing same problem.

Not Found
The requested URL /forums/new-deep-web-links/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I tried to found problem then I found two htaccess file in my cpanel file manager one is .htaccess and another is htaccess.txt.

I also attached my server directory structure, let me know how I can resolve this problem.

Attachments

• Directory structure thedarkwebforum.webp
    Directory structure thedarkwebforum.webp
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom