Free QrCode

Adam Howard

So a QrCode is basically a photo that some smart phones and other mobile devices can use to instantly process and bring up url's or information. There is 'debate' on their popularity and the actual use of them.. ie. Some say they're worth gold, others say it was just a trend (I'm one of those who think it was once a trend and nothing more, but feel free to disagree)

Anyways, I've had a few people inquire about obtaining them in the past. There are providers who actually sell quality QrCode images (I don't see the value in it). :rolleyes:

But you can generate your own for free by downloading 1 of several browser plug-ins (surprised people don't know this).

This is one for example
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/qrcoder/?src=api

For the super lazy and those who would prefer to be give one (as I have been asked a few times). Sure, I'll be happy to post one for you here without cost (free). I'm sure others would be willing to do the same. :)

Here is an example (this one goes to my site).

index.webp

Yup you can get a QRCode anywhere. I work with fishing clubs in the UK for their membership systems and we use Google's charting API to generate them for each member/membership, it works a treat.

For quick generation there are a bunch of sites that offer them as well. Just google 'free qrcode generator' and you'll see thousands of sites offering it.

Top Bottom