Free Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

On another attempt, thinking maybe I was confused on what I was signing up for, I was told that I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for my application to be approved

Screenshot_20160820-210548.webp

I guess I assumed that "download now" would send me to a link to download the add-on.

I tried signing up but your site told me that it is just a demo available for a week.

Then the confirmation email gave me

View attachment 139482
On another attempt, thinking maybe I was confused on what I was signing up for, I was told that I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for my application to be approved

View attachment 139483

I guess I assumed that "download now" would send me to a link to download the add-on.
@SneakyDave According to the records, you applied for the paid mobile app (TMA), then separately applied for the free one (FMA) 5 minutes later.

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.11.14 AM.webp

You pasted the screenshot of the paid app in this free resource. Now you are posting false information to confuse applicants of the free mobile app. To clarify for anyone that may be confused, as stated in the OP, this free version is not a demo, it is always free.

As with TMA, when you finish creating your app by providing it's icon, launch images, and description, (and in FMA's case, prior to that, the application is approved), you receive an add-on that is customized with your forum's app credentials.

But you did not intend to actually complete the process for either TMA or FMA (in fact you 1-starred the TAZ app masquerading as feedback as shown below), so you did not learn this. Due to this and your confirmed relationship with a competitor, you have been reported.

Screen Shot 2016-08-21 at 11.58.26 AM.webp

Last edited:
I don't have a relationship with any competitor.

You claim to offer a free beta of a add-on to download, but it seems like it's just a way to gather potential customer information about a product that isn't available yet.

Your 'download now' link is vague. I doubt I'm not the only one confused by the pricing, TMI, FML, and the 3 to 4 week wait to 'download' a XenForo add-on, only 'if' a person is approved.

Why is this listed in the Resource Manager?

As far as my review of your web browser app, I thought maybe it has improved since I rated it, maybe notifications aren't so late anymore, maybe the iOS version yields better results. I was willing to give it another chance, but it appears you can't take negative opinions of your products very well.

Last edited:
Is there an actual resource available now?
It's not clear based on the feedback so far.

We will need proof of that to ensure this resource complies with the rules, otherwise it will be removed until it does.

I applied; a lot of the site I own is public, but there are some private areas too. I hope I am considered

Took a very quick look and you are ok on this rule, it will not be a problem -- the reason for that restriction is that private communities require a login, which multiplies the labor costs associated with submitting and updating the apps (no automatic screenshots).
Is there an actual resource available now?
It's not clear based on the feedback so far.

We will need proof of that to ensure this resource complies with the rules, otherwise it will be removed until it does.
Yes, there is. In order to comply with this request for proof, @Shiro's application has been fast tracked. @Shiro, when you receive your confirmation email, please send the XenForo add-on to @Brogan (this takes a few minutes, as @Shiro has to submit the app details after logging in).

Last edited:
I had asked, what is the difference in this and the paid version which I must honestly say has been a bit confusing since I've watched it from the beginning. Thanks in advance.
This resource a free version of this app. They are identical, but this one is free to the admin; I would compare it to Tapatalk in ways but this is app not shared (it's dedicated to your forum), and implements non-intrusive banner ads*.

In other words, it's just like signing up for the paid app, except there is no payment required; you sign up, your application is reviewed, if accepted you create your app, and we submit it to the app store (turn-key). Unlike the paid version, there is no demo, you go straight to the app store.

Alternatively, if you want publish the app yourself, or have us publish it to your store accounts, there is support for that on the registration form, and you can state your preference for one of those when signing up, which will be looked at during the review process.

* Sep 6 update: We have revised this policy and opted to not use VigLink and do non-intrusive banner ads instead.

Last edited:
This resource a free version of this app. They are identical, but this one is free to the admin; I would compare it to Tapatalk in ways but this is app not shared (it's dedicated to your forum), and implements alternative monetization (not banner advertising*).

In other words, it's just like signing up for the paid app, except there is no payment required; you sign up, your application is reviewed, if accepted you create your app, and we submit it to the app store (turn-key). Unlike the paid version, there is no demo, you go straight to the app store.

Alternatively, if you want publish the app yourself, or have us publish it to your store accounts, there is support for that on the registration form, and you can state your preference for one of those when signing up, which will be looked at during the review process.

* We instead monetize the app non-intrusively to recoup the costs for providing/submitting/maintaining the app; tentatively this is done with VigLink.
Thanks for the quick reply, this is still just a wrapper type app as when first created? (as mentioned, "compared to Tapatalk.")

Top Bottom