Forums have become past sites

@abdur7man@

Good evening ...
I have a topic I want to discuss with you about the status of forums and sites at the moment Are forums become something old, have become the sites of communication and mobile applications where control now?
I see a lot of forums become deserted and there is no activity or new posts, even with the emergence of new forums software but the situation is getting worse.
What are the proposed solutions to increase forum followers?

Greetings to all
abdurhman
http://www.gm-club.net

I do think in general most forum based sites have become quite stagnant. I have always loved the format for forums and I would hate to see the forum type website go away.

Of course there are always certain specialized forums that stay busy but that is just due to the niche which that is something you should always consider before you start on a forum project.

Honestly "general" forums don't do that well anymore if you are looking for something strictly social due to things like facebook, twitter, etc...

I'm a member of a few specialized forums that the facebook/twitter ethos would just not fit or make sense to try and use.

I personally thing the old way forums use to work is dead. There is no more put up a forum and poof you have members. I think you need a website that has a front end (content) and a backend (forums). And even then it's still going to be very hard to get people to visit your website and especially post on a forum. I made my new blog/forum solely for the purpose of it being a blog. And if anyone decides to post on the forum then that's great too. The only reason why I didn't use free forum software is because its not as developed as the Xenword bridge.

While social networking and the whole "instant communication" aspect of apps, Facebook, Twitter etc have gotten some people away from the old forum style, I also believe it's an issue of dilution. Many years ago not everyone had their own website or forum, and those who did tended to put a lot of love and care into what they built (NOT to say people nowadays don't).

However because of the ease and cost-efficiency -- you can even go free software and grab an instant $5/mo host -- pretty much everyone can throw up a forum with a nice free or commercial theme in no time. Then came along content and link farming.. bot-generated content, etc, and you have millions of forum websites coming online all the time.

I think an issue a web owner must face is differentiation. When Googling for a good forum/community/blog on a certain subject, why would a user choose a given site over one of the many others? Then you have to face SEO and search positioning -- is your site able to be found and not buried behind other more established locations? Do you offer incentive and reason for engagement when users do come to your site? Does the bounce rate show that users' attention is not being grabbed within 1-2 clicks.. it's a bit more competitive these days I believe, than many years ago (agree with @Gregory Lynn ).

Best of luck on your forums,

They have lost relevance but I still think you can carve out a niche and get likeminded people to come join in and participate.

But now the problem is Reddit and now Facebook carving out that niche already.

Why go to some random xenforo gaming forum when you can just find people 10x easier on an active reddit sub?

They have lost relevance but I still think you can carve out a niche and get likeminded people to come join in and participate.

But now the problem is Reddit and now Facebook carving out that niche already.

Why go to some random xenforo gaming forum when you can just find people 10x easier on an active reddit sub?

The manufacturing software forum that I have is doing very well and follows what you said. Niche forums can still be relevant but the days of general forums are over as best as I can tell.

Good evening ...
I have a topic I want to discuss with you about the status of forums and sites at the moment Are forums become something old, have become the sites of communication and mobile applications where control now?
I see a lot of forums become deserted and there is no activity or new posts, even with the emergence of new forums software but the situation is getting worse.
What are the proposed solutions to increase forum followers?

Greetings to all
abdurhman
http://www.gm-club.net
First off its never about the forum it's about the content you provide. If you don't have any anything that people are looking for then your forum is most likely to fail. If you have too much of everything and not targeting one specific subject you will also fail People that open up a forum just to make money will have the same mentality cause they are not making any profit. My answer to that question is no.

First off its never about the forum it's about the content you provide. If you don't have any anything that people are looking for then your forum is most likely to fail. If you have too much of everything and not targeting one specific subject you will also fail People that open up a forum just to make money will have the same mentality cause they are not making any profit. My answer to that question is no.
I would like to add to that by saying in this day and age you have better odds of getting struck by lightning then making a forum from scratch that's going to make money. If you're going to make a forum do it because you're passionate about the subject and treat it as a hobby and you will never go wrong!

I'm not looking for a profit from a site
Some when Google Adsense ads start to accuse others that they are looking for profit
If I want to profit from the site I will not lose myself the value of a full server and the license of the script and special designs.
Shared hosting with the installation of script WordPress, writing articles and installation of Google ads and pop-up ads
---------
I am trying to build a good site in the content and without complications for visitors to my site....

I think you need a website that has a front end (content) and a backend (forums). And even then it's still going to be very hard to get people to visit your website and especially post on a forum. I made my new blog/forum solely for the purpose of it being a blog. And if anyone decides to post on the forum then that's great too.
This is exactly how I set up my new site/forums. I'm happy with the results.
If you're going to make a forum do it because you're passionate about the subject and treat it as a hobby and you will never go wrong!
Well-said. I have come to the conclusion that this is the best approach to having a happy medium of user participation and a place to showcase content about my niche.

I personally thing the old way forums use to work is dead. There is no more put up a forum and poof you have members.
Never was the case as forums need to fulfill a purpose or meet some form of demand i.e. specific question/answer (so as someone mentioned the content matters). Without such, you'll see very little uptake in members or activity.

Forums themselves aren't dead. They're just much harder to grow these days due to more distractions taking up internet users time i.e. social media

Top Bottom