XF 1.2 Forums Closed for Posting Used for Listings

Amaury

We have two forums that are closed for posting because they're only used to list other forums, which are open for posting.

Is it possible to hide the area I've outlined below in those situations?

Forum.webp

Rich (BB code):
.node110 .discussionList.section.sectionMain {
display: none;
}

Change the red number to match your node. You can find it by viewing the forum_view and looking inside the <body class="node*** node1">

That's a category, not a forum.
URL portions can't be defined for categories.

This is a forum with a URL portion: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/have-you-seen/

Ah, whoops. I got myself mixed up. This would have been a better example: http://xenforo.com/community/forums/xenforo-pre-sales-questions.5/. The ID would be 5.

We don't use custom node URLs, so hovering over them will be sufficient. However, are custom node URLs generally just used to make things neater? If so, I may do that. :)

Yes.
It's purely aesthetics.

Be aware though of the implications of using a URL portion.

Doesn't sound like a big problem. It basically means that if I posted a link to our Printing Press forum and later customized its URL, the link wouldn't work. However, I assume custom URLs can be reverted back to the default URLs?

@Steve F

Can I have the CSS work for both forums or do I need the same CSS twice for both forums?

Would this work?

Code:
.node50 .node55 .discussionList.section.sectionMain {
  display: none; }

Also, "Watch Forum" and "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)" are still showing. How can I hide those in those two forums?

Inspecting the CSS, would these work?

Code:
.node50 .OverlayTrigger {
    display: none !important; }

Code:
.none50 .linkGroup {
    display: none !important; }

Last edited:
Code:
.node55 .discussionList.section.sectionMain,
.node50 .discussionList.section.sectionMain
{
        display: none;
}

Use commas to separate individual classes that need the same thing applied.

Not sure on your other question but looks ok.

Top Bottom