Forumer.com ?

I read about this a while ago and I could be wrong here but they resemble another company according to members of forums they buy out for leaving them to rot after purchase.

Didn't this company buy out adminfusion?

I read about this a while ago and I could be wrong here but they resemble another company according to members of forums they buy out for leaving them to rot after purchase.

Didn't this company buy out adminfusion?
Yea it owns adminfusion, and another popular free forum hosting site called freeforums.org

hmmm.. this company has a market-capitalization of USD 55 million ..... not sure those couple forums justify that value... ?

I used to use them way back in the day, they're similar to ProBoards or other remotely hosted BBS sites. Originally, you got a free IPB 1.3 board, nowadays you can either get that or phpBB 3. Although the main support board runs vB.

I had a board that was active for a time, then it became inactive and I found out a year later that they gave away my URL to someone else, effectively deleting my board. Even ProBoards won't do this.

I had a board that was active for a time, then it became inactive and I found out a year later that they gave away my URL to someone else, effectively deleting my board. Even ProBoards won't do this.
ProBoards is even worse. I remember they deleted a thriving history forum allempires.com because some of the threads were not in English. They could've at least warned the forum "owner" and given the database for smooth migration. History forum recovered some of its content from google cache and started anew with Web Wiz Forum software.

ProBoards is even worse. I remember they deleted a thriving history forum allempires.com because some of the threads were not in English. They could've at least warned the forum "owner" and given the database for smooth migration. History forum recovered some of the content from the google cache and started anew with Web Wiz Forum software.
ProBoards... HA! They have a disclaimer about they have all rights to delete your board or do whatever they please.

I'm a large fan or ProBoards. I haven't used it in years, however, but I was an active member from its beginning to its prime. Can't complain too much about the non-english forums, since it was in their terms, but I do agree about that the migration. If you ever wanted to go from ProBoards to another forum alternative, you're screwed. Other than that, it is (or was) a great forum tool.

ProBoards is even worse. I remember they deleted a thriving history forum allempires.com because some of the threads were not in English. They could've at least warned the forum "owner" and given the database for smooth migration. History forum recovered some of the content from the google cache and started anew with Web Wiz Forum software.
The ToS clearly states all boards must be in English. Whoever created the board knew this (or they should have known this.)

The ToS clearly states all boards must be in English. Whoever created the board knew this (or they should have known this.)
Their board was in English and still is. Few threads were started by non-English speakers in their native languages. It's quite natural for a forum covering the world history to attract international participants from around the worlds. Proboard should have understood that, imho.

Forumer purchased an IPB skinning website off me 6 years ago.. probably was different management back then, but I had no problems with them or the transaction etc

I know that Sanjay owns it now. He is the founder of Crowdgather. He bought Brandon Shelley's vBulletinSetup when it was big. He owns a TON of huge forums. http://www.crowdgather.com/communities.cgs

Did they used to be bigger sites and being bought caused them to shrink? Only ngemu, freeforums and anythingbutipod had higher alexa rankings than my site and only genmay had more posting activity but it is also 7 years older. And the motorcycle one didn't even load. Really thought these would be some huge sites.

Did they used to be bigger sites and being bought caused them to shrink? Only ngemu, freeforums and anythingbutipod had higher alexa rankings than my site and only genmay had more posting activity but it is also 7 years older. And the motorcycle one didn't even load. Really thought these would be some huge sites.
There are a lot not mentioned as I know of a few, but they aren't that big that I know. I wouldn't rely on that too much. I don't know much about all the sites either except the ones I know.

Top Bottom