[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

Aayush

Aayush submitted a new resource:

[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo - Secure and Fast native mobile apps for iOS and Android

Are you tired of hearing your users complain about how your forum looks when browsing via mobile devices? How about the fact you have no real native mobile app in place? Don’t want to give out your private forum data to Tapatalk anymore? Gone are the days of your users' data being on third party servers such as Tapatalk! No more flimsy browser wrapped apps.

Take Back Control...

Read more about this resource...

I like the native wall, and and native chat sounds great, especially if you can eventually implement proper live chat like features through the existing conversation system. Adding auto update if a message arrives and the window is open, and perhaps things like the reply bubble if the other user starts typing.

Messages-iOS-7-typing-a-reply.gif

Do you think you'll ever offer an option where you can disable the native forum and thread browsing and offer only that part in a web wrapper?

The problem with these fully native apps is they're only good for the core functionality, once an admin starts installing add ons and adding features and extra sections of the site then they only work if you've carried out the work to integrate them into the app. This severely limits admins who might want to use private custom add ons on their site, and have them accessible in app. Or even just add ons that you don't deem popular enough to warrant the work to integrate them natively.

It seems like a lot of work if the responsive web view is perfectly adequate.

This gonative.io implimentation is nice because you can still see a nice custom home page as it's just a wrapper. Plus you can rate posts, get the branded site colour scheme due to using the XF style properties etc.

I think ideally for something like this to work best for both users and admins only parts of the app should be fully native.

IMG_7931.webp

What's the current solution if you have a gallery, resource manager or other sections external to the core forum?

I like the native wall, and and native chat sounds great, especially if you can eventually implement proper live chat like features through the existing conversation system. Adding auto update if a message arrives and the window is open, and perhaps things like the reply bubble if the other user starts typing.

View attachment 153105

Do you think you'll ever offer an option where you can disable the native forum and thread browsing and offer only that part in a web wrapper?

The problem with these fully native apps is they're only good for the core functionality, once an admin starts installing add ons and adding features and extra sections of the site then they only work if you've carried out the work to integrate them into the app. This severely limits admins who might want to use private custom add ons on their site, and have them accessible in app. Or even just add ons that you don't deem popular enough to warrant the work to integrate them natively.

It seems like a lot of work if the responsive web view is perfectly adequate.

This gonative.io implimentation is nice because you can still see a nice custom home page as it's just a wrapper. Plus you can rate posts, get the branded site colour scheme due to using the XF style properties etc.

I think ideally for something like this to work best for both users and admins only parts of the app should be fully native.

View attachment 153103

What's the current solution if you have a gallery, resource manager or other sections external to the core forum?

Yes, we could implement a live chat interface, but that would require work on the XenForo end as well so we're keeping it on hold.

As far as other things are concerned, we have no plans of using a web view wrapper for the posts page as we believe you do not get the same fluid experience whilst browsing the site through a web browser.

If there is an addon which is critical for your forum and we don't have a timeline to support it, feel free to get in touch and we could give you a quote for adding it in your app.

We are working on bringing support for XenForo Media Gallery next as it's an addon used by a lot of our users.

How is the app published, is it through our own app store accounts or pushed out by you?

Is the app brandable in any way?

Also is there an chance of a browser wrap for some addons? I have a number of addons that work with my system that are heavily used and a large part of the experience for my users, would love to be able to have them still use these through the app. One of the biggest ones is pickem

How is the app published, is it through our own app store accounts or pushed out by you?
It depends on your preference. If you have an publishing accounts and would like the apps under your company name, we can use your accounts. Otherwise, we are happy to host them for you.

Is the app brandable in any way?
Yes, we can customize the app with your brand logo and color scheme.

Also is there an chance of a browser wrap for some addons? I have a number of addons that work with my system that are heavily used and a large part of the experience for my users, would love to be able to have them still use these through the app. One of the biggest ones is pickem
Sorry, but there isn't a browser wrap for any addon yet.

Will this also be made compatible with xenforo 2.0 when that becomes available or will I have to make a secondary purchase to support that?

Additionally, can i purchase the branding removal at a later stage or does this have to be an upfront purchase?

Will this also be made compatible with xenforo 2.0 when that becomes available or will I have to make a secondary purchase to support that?

Additionally, can i purchase the branding removal at a later stage or does this have to be an upfront purchase?
No secondary purchase will be required, the app will be made compatible with XF 2.0.

What exactly is the branding that is in place?
What does the branding removal give us?

ForumApps link on login and signup page.
"Posted using ForumApps" at the end of each reply posted via app.
ForumApps Link at the bottom of sidebar.
Link to ForumApps on the settings page.

Branding removal would remove all this branding.

Yes but is there an example of the branding it removes it isn't clear from the screenshots what branding is in place

hmm id like to see an example because that actually may be a deal breaker for me, 10 extra a month is a bit excessive and thats a lot of branding

Yes but is there an example of the branding it removes it isn't clear from the screenshots what branding is in place
See the attachment.

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot Jun 3, 2017, 3.54.59 PM.webp
    Simulator Screen Shot Jun 3, 2017, 3.54.59 PM.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 78
Thank you appreciate it, I have just polled my users as we will be switching from the Turnkey app due to Apple and Google policy causing that to essentially shut down. it became cost prohibitive I just need to make sure my users are supportive then will spin up a purchase.

If I start with the branding, can I add the branding removal later?

Thank you appreciate it, I have just polled my users as we will be switching from the Turnkey app due to Apple and Google policy causing that to essentially shut down. it became cost prohibitive I just need to make sure my users are supportive then will spin up a purchase.

If I start with the branding, can I add the branding removal later?
You can absolutely do that later. :)

I am really humbled by the love XenForo community has given to ForumApps and also the members of several communities that are using ForumApps. After deploying ForumApps on a lot of forums, I wanted to share the tremendous amount of positive response from real community members using ForumApps.

1.webp

These users were using the web based implementation of the XenForo apps earlier from one of our competitors. The forum owner made the switch to ForumApps recently and noted the difference. The users could really feel the difference in speed and user experience as we anticipated.

2.webp
These responses are two of several 1000s of users using ForumApps on a daily basis.​

Superior Adoption Rate
The community members really wanted apps on iOS and Android with push notifications and sleek user interface leading to a striking adoption rate. We've gathered some stats and would love to share them with you.

3.webp 4.webp 5.webp
If you're still not convinced to take your community to the next level and use ForumApps in all your communities, drop me a PM telling me what is stopping you. Me and my team will help resolve any of the doubts that you have in your mind.

XenAtendo would be great as events are key to my community. Even if there's only event creation within the app to begin with. With each event has a normal forum thread associated with it, so the events can still be viewed in the normal forum format.

Until native integration is added for add ons like these or static web pages on other parts of the forum; is it possible to link to those parts of the site from the app menu leading to a web wrapper in the app just for those sections? So at least users can view the responsive version of them? As the responsive versions are all perfectly usable.

Top Bottom