Forum Tabs

First let me say that I love Xen Foro. Tried a demo, absolutely love it. however I am not willing to switch yet, until a tabbing system for Xen Foro is released. I hate vBulletin now that it is bloated with useless garbage, but I really would like to come to Xen Foro.

To see the tabbing system I wish to have, please see http://www.consolediscussions.com/forum/forum.php

Looks like an addon that someone would create. This isn't something that would be stock in XenForo. I would head over to the Add-on Requests and submit a request for this. Maybe someone can help you out :).

First let me say that I love Xen Foro. Tried a demo, absolutely love it. however I am not willing to switch yet, until a tabbing system for Xen Foro is released. I hate vBulletin now that it is bloated with useless garbage, but I really would like to come to Xen Foro.

To see the tabbing system I wish to have, please see http://www.consolediscussions.com/forum/forum.php

That site is using my TFH (Tabbed Forum Home) addon. I haven't decided if I am going to develop something similar for XF or not. I personally have no need for it anymore, so its pretty low on the priority list.

That site is using my TFH (Tabbed Forum Home) addon. I haven't decided if I am going to develop something similar for XF or not. I personally have no need for it anymore, so its pretty low on the priority list.
Your on here too? I LOVE YOUR WORK! If you can bring it to XF I will donate to you. Why is it not a high priority? The feature is not stockly available in XF, I have so many forums on my website due to it being a general console discussion forum, that I need the mod.

Curious, but did you leave vBULLetin completely too? or are you just here to spread your work?

Looks like an addon that someone would create. This isn't something that would be stock in XenForo. I would head over to the Add-on Requests and submit a request for this. Maybe someone can help you out :).
I can't post there without being licensed, and I am not buying the software until I know at least that modification will be in or supported by XF. If bobster decides to port it, I will purchase XF license, and port my VBulletin modifications to XF as well.

I develop small apps for vBulletin but it is just too bloated to use vBulletin anymore. I mean seriously... SkimLinks? What gave vBulletin the thought of adding such a useless advertising method.

All the other vBULLetin mods I don't care about that I have or that they have. Stock Xen Foro is perfect and has everything that vBulletin requires in mod form, built in that I need, which I love!

Your on here too? I LOVE YOUR WORK! If you can bring it to XF I will donate to you. Why is it not a high priority? The feature is not stockly available in XF, I have so many forums on my website due to it being a general console discussion forum, that I need the mod.

Curious, but did you leave vBULLetin completely too? or are you just here to spread your work?

Ya, so is King K (my partner in crime lol) :) Its not a priority as I don't need/use TFH anymore. I am also extremely busy developing 3 large addons right now & working with King K, Onimua and Foresaken on other [XI] projects. I'll hit KK up and see if he wants to look into the possibility of developing something similar, but can't and won't make any promises. as far as vborg.. yes, I stopped doing any development for vB over a year ago.

Ya, so is King K (my partner in crime lol) :) Its not a priority as I don't need/use TFH anymore. I am also extremely busy developing 3 large addons right now & working with King K, Onimua and Foresaken on other [XI] projects. I'll hit KK up and see if he wants to look into the possibility of developing something similar, but can't and won't make any promises. as far as vborg.. yes, I stopped doing any development for vB over a year ago.
Why did you stop?

This is different Jake, this isn't for the main navigation. What it does is creates tabs out of the category nodes, then lists the subforum nodes under that category only. So things are grouped together. Clicking one of the category tabs, would then display the sub nodes for that and so on. It did this very nicely with AJAX so it wasn't a full page load, etc. Basically a cleaner way to display all of the forum nodes, especially when you have a lot of them.

Was a really cool mod and I hope someone codes it for xF.

This is different Jake, this isn't for the main navigation. What it does is creates tabs out of the category nodes, then lists the subforum nodes under that category only. So things are grouped together. Clicking one of the category tabs, would then display the sub nodes for that and so on. It did this very nicely with AJAX so it wasn't a full page load, etc. Basically a cleaner way to display all of the forum nodes, especially when you have a lot of them.

Was a really cool mod and I hope someone codes it for xF.

Maybe I am blind or not understanding, but I don't see anything like that in the example URL he provided:

http://www.consolediscussions.com/forum/forum.php

The way they've implemented that is horrible as there is no degradation for users with javascript turned off (Turn it off and refresh the page, and you'll see no forums whatsoever).

The way they've implemented that is horrible as there is no degradation for users with javascript turned off (Turn it off and refresh the page, and you'll see no forums whatsoever).
I did not allow javascript for a reason. I use to have a mod, that when javascript was disabled they were not allowed to view the website, but as 4.0 came out, support for it stopped.

bobster, you never answered my question.

ALSO: Who the hell bothers to test another website and disables javascript lol?

I did not allow javascript for a reason. I use to have a mod, that when javascript was disabled they were not allowed to view the website, but as 4.0 came out, support for it stopped.

bobster, you never answered my question.

ALSO: Who the hell bothers to test another website and disables javascript lol?
Anyone who cares about google being able to spider pages. Spiders do not have Javascript capabilities, so if you cannot view content without Javascript you're going to take a huge hit in results.

Top Bottom