XF 1.4 Forum statistics

jauburn

Is there any way to keep the forum statistics visible somehow but to get rid of the block on the main forum page in the sidebar? I mean, I have a lot of other things in the sidebar, and while I think forum statistics are fun to check once in a while, I don't feel the need to have them constantly displayed, taking up space at the bottom of my sidebar.

You can edit the forum_list template and remove the block of code:

View attachment 98970

Thank you, Brogan.

I am using the Widget Framework, though. So wouldn't turning off that block simply be a matter of unchecking the Forum Statistics widget?

(BTW, Widget Framework seems to be such a vital add-on. I can't imagine that the next major iteration of xenforo won't include it.)

Also, though, I really would prefer to keep available the very interesting information displayed in the Forum Stats block. I would just like to get that information, say, on a simple page--maybe accessible at the bottom of the forum, in a footer link? (Yes, that would be the greatest thing.)

Thanks, by the way, for your wonderful featured threads add-on. It is as integral to what we do--no, more so--than the Widget Framework. So making that a core feature would be sensible, I think. I can't imagine xenforo without it any more, so that just means one thing: xenforo should buy it or incorporate it. Done.

I have no idea how to do it with WF as I've never used it - you would need to ask in the add-on thread.

Okay.

Would you happen to know how I could add a php "page" to xenforo that would display the same information and to which I could provide a link in the footer?

The statistics data is only exposed to the forum list template so to show it in the footer would require custom development or an add-on.

It may be possible to do it with the WF add-on but I wouldn't know.

to show it in the footer would require custom development or an add-on

What I was thinking of is not to show it in the footer but rather to have a link to it in the footer, along with Contact Us, Top, etc. That link would then take you to a page (or something) that would show forum statistics. Simple Machines used to do this. And the great thing is or would be that this "forum statistics" page could show much more than the current forum statistics sidebar widget--such as top posters, etc.

Top Bottom