XF 1.2 Forum Rollover Thread Popup Box Not Displaying Large Thread Forums

Wesker

We're having issues loading the rollover thread popup box seen in the image below for forums that consist of thousands of threads. Smaller forums experience no issues. Is there a way to fix this?

qby.gif

The margin bottom only fixed the issue in Chrome. At this point, I'm stuck on how to proceed.
Does it do it on the standard Flexile Dark (which I'm assuming is your base) or just on your current modified one. If Flexile Dark then later today I'll install it on my developer site and see if I can figure something out. About to go to bed now - been up for 21 hours so it's nappy-nap time.;)

Does it do it on the standard Flexile Dark (which I'm assuming is your base) or just on your current modified one. If Flexile Dark then later today I'll install it on my developer site and see if I can figure something out. About to go to bed now - been up for 21 hours so it's nappy-nap time.;)

It's Flexile, not Flexile Dark. We manually changed it to a dark color but the theme itself is Flexile. Flexile Dark has more issues than Flexile and it seemed easier to just install Flexile and make manual changes to the style of the theme.

Thank you Tracy!

It's Flexile, not Flexile Dark. We manually changed it to a dark color but the theme itself is Flexile. Flexile Dark has more issues than Flexile and it seemed easier to just install Flexile and make manual changes to the style of the theme.

Thank you Tracy!
OK... will download the standard Flexile and start taking a look at it. Will take some time though as I KNOW there is going to be stuff that has to be done - and I will have to review the topic discussion area for that style.
Have you given thought to either paying someone to update that style for you to 1.2 responsive capable or moving to another style (paid or free) and modifying it to work for you? There are PLENTY of styles out there now that run circles around Flexile (dark or regular).

It's likely the xenforo.css file. An adjustment needs to be made. I was able to get it working in Chrome but in Firefox it was still off so I scratched it. Andy says he is having no issues above. I have disabled all mods and reverted code back but the issue still remains. The issue however is solved if we switch back to the default theme.

The most downloaded theme on xenForo is Flexile for a reason, the layout looks good. I had a fan page poll on what themes were the best and flexile had 85% or more of the votes. There are others but I didn't see anything in particular that was improved enough to change the flexile theme. Being that our industry has been switching over to black style themes lately, it seemed like a good direction to go.

As for paying for Flexile theme updates, I have already offered this to Andy on the flexile boards and asked for others to participate in paid updates if he was willing to take over doing updates. I also offered to do these ourselves and we'll hire someone if people were willing to chip in. Not many were interested but I'm sure if we changed the flexile theme from Free Download to a fee, people would be willing to then move forward with doing pay updates on the theme.

Thank you!

It's likely the xenforo.css file. An adjustment needs to be made. I was able to get it working in Chrome but in Firefox it was still off so I scratched it. Andy says he is having no issues above. I have disabled all mods and reverted code back but the issue still remains. The issue however is solved if we switch back to the default theme.
The most downloaded theme on xenForo is Flexile for a reason, the layout looks good. I had a fan page poll on what themes were the best and flexile had 85% or more of the votes. There are others but I didn't see anything in particular that was improved enough to change the flexile theme. Being that our industry has been switching over to black style themes lately, it seemed like a good direction to go.
I haven't had the chance to try it out on my development sites yet. I've been setting up a remote backup server all night (actually most of the night was messing with trying to get it provisioned by them).
Also, have you checked out @Russ's Fusion Gamer or Detour? I personally like Fusion Gamer a LOT better than Flexile and the support provided by PixelExit is top-notch.
Another pretty sharp dark color is @napy8gen BlackBlue xenForo.

I haven't had the chance to try it out on my development sites yet. I've been setting up a remote backup server all night (actually most of the night was messing with trying to get it provisioned by them).
Also, have you checked out @Russ's Fusion Gamer or Detour? I personally like Fusion Gamer a LOT better than Flexile and the support provided by PixelExit is top-notch.
Another pretty sharp dark color is @napy8gen BlackBlue xenForo.

These weren't very web 2.0 friendly. Being that 50% of our market is going to be mobile we wanted to stay with one that was mobile friendly.

The best themes we saw with the exception of Flexile was UI.X theme (we'd convert to black), and the Core Theme. However, people provided various reasons why we shouldn't go with their themes and we decided to just continue with Flexile.

Right now Flexile works fine except for this one issue. Once fixed, all issues with Flexile will have been resolved.

These weren't very web 2.0 friendly. Being that 50% of our market is going to be mobile we wanted to stay with one that was mobile friendly.
The best themes we saw with the exception of Flexile was UI.X theme (we'd convert to black), and the Core Theme. However, people provided various reasons why we shouldn't go with their themes and we decided to just continue with Flexile.
Right now Flexile works fine except for this one issue. Once fixed, all issues with Flexile will have been resolved.
You must have put a LOT of work into Flexile then to make it responsive since it was made for 1.1.x series then and even the author had said that the upgraded version for 1.2 of it would not be responsive.
Best of luck to you as I know that there were a lot of people using it and I am constantly seeing support requests for it since it is so borked under the 1.2.x series of xenForo.

Top Bottom